Buying a used Ruger LCP .380 ACP; not on approved list..........

This is a discussion on Buying a used Ruger LCP .380 ACP; not on approved list.......... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What happens when you have a firearm in CA that was on the approved list, but doesn't reappear after it expires?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Buying a used Ruger LCP .380 ACP; not on approved list..........

What happens when you have a firearm in CA that was on the approved list, but doesn't reappear after it expires?
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Normally it is "grandfathered in".
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

How about a P3AT Kel tec, the Ruger is a copy of it? Maybe it is on the list, or from pre 2007
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    Greetings all:
    I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I couldn't find any previous discussions and I promise to keep it short.
    I want to buy a Ruger LCP .380, but itís not on the CA DOJ approved list and according to Ruger, it never will be. My sources tell me that although one canít buy a NEW Ruger from an FFL, itís legal to do a PPT of a used one in CA. Can anyone verify this?
    I looked at a Beretta Bobcat, but thatís not on their list. I then focused on the Ruger, but thatís not on Big Brotherís list either. I may have found a used one and donít want to commit until Iím sure I can follow-through with the transfer. Apparently the Ruger is only available to LEOís or military (?) in CA; the rest of us must choose from whatís so graciously been offered to us by the DOJ. Does anyone have any thoughts on the legal issues of the transfer?

Ciao, CH
    if you are still looking I would suggest going with the lc9. I have an lc9 and I believe it hits all the safety req of ca. has crazy stupid safetys like it won't fire without a mag in it even if there is a chambered round. However it is not crazy as in you have to jump through hoops to shoot it as your ccw. as long as a mag is in and you have racked it, just flip the safety off.

Anyway it is similar to the lcp and I think it hold 1 more round then the lcp.

I knew it was bad in California but I had no idea it was that bad.

Makes me appreciate the ability to walk into a gun store, buy any handgun I like, show my Texas chl to bypass the 5 minute phone check, put it under my shirt and leave to go grocery shopping. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RC12 View Post
    I knew it was bad in California but I had no idea it was that bad.

Makes me appreciate the ability to walk into a gun store, buy any handgun I like, show my Texas chl to bypass the 5 minute phone check, put it under my shirt and leave to go grocery shopping. :)
    God bless Texas. I would move there but I really dislike the heat............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links