NRA: our gun rights coming to an end? - Page 3

NRA: our gun rights coming to an end?

This is a discussion on NRA: our gun rights coming to an end? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by suntzu I am so glad I purchased tinfoil instead of gold. Some have it double wrapped lately. But on a serious note. ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: NRA: our gun rights coming to an end?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am so glad I purchased tinfoil instead of gold. Some have it double wrapped lately.

But on a serious note. What can you do if you are concerned about it. Vote. That is what it is about. The power will lie in Supreme COurt nominees more that legislation.
    This ^^^

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Exactly. This is the NRA fear mongering in an attempt to justify their existence.

I wholey support gun rights, but they (whoever you think they might be) are not coming to confiscate your guns.

Now if you'll excuse me I think the black helicopters are circling my home again.
    They have been quite successful at this approach for decades. I had to quit after several years of membership--- and I'm talking now about the early 1960s because I didn't like they way they approached things.

I'm not opposed to working for gun owner rights. I'm opposed to various tactics.

By analogy, I detest drunk drivers. I was a very early and active member of Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (prior to name change), but when they went over the top in terms of the pressure put on for sobriety checkpoints, electronic sobriety devices to prevent a car from starting and other violations of what I perceived as too much cure for the disease, I quit.

That's about how I feel about the fear mongers and the fearful, and about the deceitful who will use any lie for a political purpose.

I may be for your goal, but not for your methods, and I won't join with you.
    torgo1968, RMS, Pistology and 5 others like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Is this what Obama considers everyone "getting a fair shot?" A society where only BGs have guns would be chaos.
    A fair society is not what he wants. He wants a subserviant society.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I joined the NRA earlier this year. Won't be renewing. By the first two letters I received I was ready to cancel.

As far as november goes I will make my decision later. Want to see who is picked before I decide.
    torgo1968 and whiteox like this.

If you were the CEO of an organization which makes its money (your salary) by peddling fear, you'd peddle fear.
    Yep, LaPierre makes nearly one million bucks a year. Numerous others at the NRA receive bloated salaries.

i've been an NRA member for over 50 years. Recently the NRA has started peddling this conspiracy trash. They are taking advantage of the fact that half of US citizens have no idea how the government works: The NRA is pandering to the conspiracy theorists and TEOTWAWKI far outers.

The NRA-ILA let their concealed carry database go to hades in a hand basket. There were grave errors concerning concealed carry reciprocity. The NRA showed Mass, MD and NJ as honoring an AZ CCW permit. They showed Washington, DC honoring a MO CCW permit. Another error: The NRA believed a WI CCW was honored by Puerto Rico. After about three days, dozens of e-mails and calls the NRA removed their maps and reciprocity listings.

Wonder how many people were arrested because of bad info from the NRA?
    rammerjammer likes this.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I'm certainly not an Obama fan and will cast my vote to get him out but I wonder if Romney's 2A track record is any better.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Anarchy, I tell you....
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by royal barnes View Post
    I'm certainly not an Obama fan and will cast my vote to get him out but I wonder if Romney's 2A track record is any better.
    He was Governor of MA. Liked the Brady bill. Said he was proud of MA gun laws. Only joined the NRA when he was running for Prez in 2008. Said he owned guns then said they were his sons. So, you decide. The guy is wishy washy, or flip flop if you prefer. The following is a joke and not meant to endorse any candidate:
    At CPAC Santorums campaign manager introduced him. But before he made a joke to the audience:
    A leftie, rightie, and moderate walk into a bar and sit down. The bartender says, "Hi Mitch!"

GUOTE]I wonder if Romney's 2A track record is any better. [/QUOTE]

Governator Romney signed a permanent "assault weapons" ban into law if that means anything. Romney has already accomplished what Obama can only wish for.

http://www.iberkshires.com/story.php?story_id=14812
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    @ Suntzu, I new the Tin foil investment would pay off for you

@ Mike1956 I agree, I only hope they show up for this next election.....
    Not only will I show up for the next election but also I will volunteer as a driver to transport people without transportation to the polls.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The article fails to recognize that Obama already began his attack on gun ownership rights. The reality is, we will have another four years of attacks on those rights if he wins another election. There is nothing new or grandiose about that fact. Not if you have been paying attention for the last two years.

The only major concern comes is if we give him a blank slate to pass more laws that are not read first like Obamacare. Instead of health care, who knows what he would pass instead.

Which is why we need to always make certain no one party controls both houses and the presidency. It's the balance we must put in place to keep the people we elect in check. Sad, but true. This would be less of an issue if we had term limits put in place. We would not have the money sucking lifelong politicians staying in power directing the political system into directions it is not meant to go. The current system in place really does hold back newly elected officials.

I have come to the conclusion that every time a democrat is running for office, people will predict that he/she is going to ban all of our guns and come take them. First of all, this is insane. It could never happen.

What COULD happen would be making some baby steps in that direction. If the next leader were also anti-gun then more baby steps could be taken until eventually all rights are lost. I would say the likelihood of all guns being banned during Obama's next (theoretical) term is insane.

Just from personal experience.. I can tell you what difference a leader can make. When the first attempt was made to to bring concealed handgun licenses to Texas, it was veto'd by then-governer Ann Richards. So we had to wait another few years for George W Bush to take office and pass the legislation.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    He won't. He can't, much as he and hs regime may want to. They would have an open insurrection on their hands. Really now, would you run down and turn yours in? Other than the "token" cheapie? He hails from the last bastion of Big Brother: Illinois. Every time a Democrat gets the job, they're gonna take 'em all. Just join the NRA and vote. Clinton was going to clean us out as well. Introduced a lower capacity mag limit to cut down on crime. As you can see, it worked so well that we have no more crime. It was an experiment that failed miserably. So we have standard capacity mags again. While I agree that a second term is far more dangerous, he has too many other things to deal with. It would be a bad idea for him to make an already unhappy country even angrier.

Don't for one second think I am defending him. He's gotta go, guns or not.
    Precisely.
    Eggggggggggs-actly what he said.

RKM
    I do believe he has intentions to put more restriction on gun ownership, but to ban guns altogether? Good luck. Sounds like the NRA wants money

The NRA's statement is certainly a fundraising attempt. It is certainly designed to illicit concern if not fear. You could make the argument that the NRA is a business
    that uses these tactics to bring in money to pay it's leadership large salaries. You could also say that they have been very successful at what they do and have influenced
    government at many levels to give us back some of the rights that have been taken away or restricted. I greatly appreciate what they have done because I agree with what
    they stand for.

There are a great many similar lobbying organizations that do the same thing on both sides of the political aisle. The thing I really dislike is that many of these issues
    have been battled over for a long time and they remain issues that the politicians can use to keep getting elected. When will they actually fix anything? I realize that
    on some major issues our country is fairly evenly divided. I think at this point our 2nd amendment rights are not one of those.

I believe based on statements President Obama has made before he was elected that he does not support our 2a rights. I see no reason not to think he would try to
    take away those rights if reelected. I only hope that whoever beats him will actually do something to ensure our 2a rights as well as many others long into the future.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links