FOX Sports bans firearm and ammo adds.

This is a discussion on FOX Sports bans firearm and ammo adds. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is from the NSSF website. I understand it is the their right, but it doesnt sit well with me. Does this mean I will ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By DC
  • 5 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: FOX Sports bans firearm and ammo adds.

FOX Sports bans firearm and ammo adds.

This is from the NSSF website. I understand it is the their right, but it doesnt sit well with me. Does this mean I will never watch FOX, no it doesn't, but it does bother me none the less.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) — the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry — has learned that FOX Sports Media Group has banned advertisements featuring firearms and ammunition from its coverage of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) events.

While the UFC has yet to make an official announcement, NSSF has confirmed that “absolutely no firearms, ammo, hunting or knife companies will be permitted as sponsors in any Zuffa-promoted events.”

NSSF is encouraging all gun owners, sportsmen and firearms enthusiasts to contact FOX today and urge them to rescind this anti-gun corporate policy. FOX’s decision to ban advertisements for lawful products owned by more than 80 million Americans is nothing more than corporate gun control. We expect better from FOX. So should you.

Make sure your voice is heard. Here’s how to contact FOX:

Corporate Headquarters FSN
    10201 W. Pico, Bld. 103
    Los Angeles, CA 90035
    Phone: 310-369-1000
    Web: FOX Sports on MSN l Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Videos and Fantasy Games

2. Remove Ads

Is this necessarily a decision by Fox or maybe by Zuffa? That could be a one of their conditions for letting Fox carry their events.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

DC
    Fox sucks and so does every other lamestream media which is why I don't watch any cable "TV". I get real news online.
    jem102 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    This is from the NSSF website. I understand it is the their right, but it doesnt sit well with me. Does this mean I will never watch FOX, no it doesn't, but it does bother me none the less.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) — the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry — has learned that FOX Sports Media Group has banned advertisements featuring firearms and ammunition from its coverage of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) events.

While the UFC has yet to make an official announcement, NSSF has confirmed that “absolutely no firearms, ammo, hunting or knife companies will be permitted as sponsors in any Zuffa-promoted events.”

NSSF is encouraging all gun owners, sportsmen and firearms enthusiasts to contact FOX today and urge them to rescind this anti-gun corporate policy. FOX’s decision to ban advertisements for lawful products owned by more than 80 million Americans is nothing more than corporate gun control. We expect better from FOX. So should you.

Make sure your voice is heard. Here’s how to contact FOX:

Corporate Headquarters FSN
    10201 W. Pico, Bld. 103
    Los Angeles, CA 90035
    Phone: 310-369-1000
    Web: FOX Sports on MSN l Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Videos and Fantasy Games
    Sounds more like a Zuffa decision rather than a FOX decision.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I get real news online.
    I surely hope you are joking.

DC
    Hope? Luckily there still is hope for all Americans.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Fox sucks and so does every other lamestream media which is why I don't watch any cable "TV". I get real news online.
    When i am listening to FOX on satellite radio and that annoying "fox news go now" plays, I do. To another station. They may purport to be the "right view", but they are still idiots and rude at that. When you can't see who is talking those shouting matches are even worse.

I learned long ago by listening to "Voice of Moscow" on shortwave to bring in lots of data before forming my own opinions. I use BBC, CSM, NPR, Fox, CNN, Pravda, and many small-town sources to get my view of what's really happening out there. They are all full of crap and have agendas, but more data makes a better picture.

Not to get off topic, but could you share these online, "real news" sources? I have yet to find one. Fark is funny, but I wouldn't call it what you are describing.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't recall seeing any gun or ammo ads on any channel other than some of the small ones running Sunday morning hunting programs, so what's the big deal? Have you ever seen a Remington ad during the family hour on CBS, or any network?
    joker1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

DC
    I don't wish to break forum rules re politics which is what my online news source centers on. I also don't wish to be confrontational with any members here so at this point I respectfully withdraw from this thread.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    When i am listening to FOX on satellite radio and that annoying "fox news go now" plays, I do. To another station. They may purport to be the "right view", but they are still idiots and rude at that. When you can't see who is talking those shouting matches are even worse.

I learned long ago by listening to "Voice of Moscow" on shortwave to bring in lots of data before forming my own opinions. I use BBC, CSM, NPR, Fox, CNN, Pravda, and many small-town sources to get my view of what's really happening out there. They are all full of crap and have agendas, but more data makes a better picture.
    On international news particularly, our news services tend to stink. Although I don't read as much international news as I should, good Canadian new sources, Australian news sources, and even Chinese English language news sources can help get a broader picture than what is available typically from AP.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Some of the UFC fighters have gun shop logos on there banners when they enter the cage. I think thats what they are talking about. At least that's what they said on Inside MMA.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post

I read World Financial Times and find it amazing that there are many stories that are not carried here in the states about our own country. We are very sheltered.

Links