If you want it, get it now.

This is a discussion on If you want it, get it now. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; bought two boxes of ammo this weekend 44 magnum 35.00 a box for 100 and 9mm still not bad a 19.99 for a 100... was ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: If you want it, get it now.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    bought two boxes of ammo this weekend 44 magnum 35.00 a box for 100 and 9mm still not bad a 19.99 for a 100... was planning on going to the range but snowing here in Texas and very cold..and any how I like to store three or four hundred rounds of every caliber I own..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Truth be told, I think the real factors that lead to the issues many of us are concerned about stem from factors much broader than a particular individual or party's personal agenda (alleged or otherwise) on said issues. Prices and availability have vacillated up and down and gun restrictions have been passed and debated, under the watches of both the left and the right.
    Yep.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Just a heads up...

It's beggining to look like people are getting in the panic mode again, same as we saw when it became apparent that the Obama was about to get elected.

Many of the major suppliers are having very brisk sales in all things AR and AK related. The local gunshops in my area are already getting thin on them as well as ammo.

I've been building lots of things for people that have decided that now is the time to do it for one reason or another. Some of them are first time buyers that feel like its something that they need to do.

One thing is for certain, gun and ammo wont be any cheaper than they are today. Ammo prices are already edging up and at some point it'll be hard to get as it is a supply and demand thing.

Dont make the mistake of just blowing it off if you want it because it will either not be available or you'll have to pay a lot more for it.
    Tis like lighting the fuse on panic buying again? Good of you to warn, but I say if you don't already have it then you're SOOL unless you want to spend more on staples than food. Granted the apocalyptic films will do a number again this year, and many folks are thinking about the end if they aren't thinking about themselves, much less electing a new president in the mix. I've got all I can carry and operate, plus enough ammo to sustain any zombies that didn't make it to the store in time. I would simply love Christmas in July this year since there won't be an official Christmas in 2012 anyway. Word to the wise? Not that many wise to take the word these days. That's part of some things we need to realize. Not like the state telling you to buckle up for your own safety or giving you a ticket for not doing so. I quit giving folks the heads up when they started turning their heads. Now..........I have little sympathy. I call it tough love.

Administrator
    Have you looked at the issue of Fast & Furious and the fact that E. Holder has not yet been canned & has obviously perjured himself in that investigation - and after that fiasco has (so far) resulted in approximately 200 known deaths of both Mexicans and Americans?
    And the only logical conclusion that any sane person can come up regarding how Fast and Furious was allowed to "go down" the way it did was for this admin to have documented "proof provided" reasons to enact far tougher gun control measures a la the U.N.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Here is what scares the hell out of me. We could potentially get Obama voted out of office only to vote in the conservative front runner (Romney) who has not displayed a favorable 2A stance. MA is about one of the worst states for firearm owners.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    During the last gun rush in 08 I was able to continue shooting pretty much as normal. Simply because I had stocked up. Not for the end of the world or zombies; simply because I believe in being prepared. Shot my 380 with eight and ten dollar a box ammo. Had it in on the shelf and handy.
    I've read Hotguns and QKshooters posts for years and they aren't tinfoil hatters. I've found them to be pretty down to earth with their comments.
    Ammo isn't going to get any cheaper so why not put some extra away? What will you lose?
    This is a forum where we look out for each other. You don't have to put the store out of business by buying everything they have. Just buy an extra box or two now and then.
    But that is OMO!!
    ironmike86 likes this.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Ammo and all things gun would not be so scarce and/or expensive were it not for all the Chicken Little's believing that somehow this guy is going to magically accomplish something that the combined efforts of Grandpa Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Teddy the Lifeguard, the Brady Bunch, Bill Clinton and every other anti-gun politician in the entire history of this country has not been able to do.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Moderator
    Ammo and all things gun would not be so scarce and/or expensive were it not for all the Chicken Little's believing that somehow this guy is going to magically accomplish something that the combined efforts of Grandpa Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Teddy the Lifeguard, the Brady Bunch, Bill Clinton and every other anti-gun politician in the entire history of this country has not been able to do.
    That is correct.

That doesnt change the fact that stuff is going to be harder to get from here on.

I dont care about the whys or hows really. I just want everyone to be aware and to not get caught with their pants down...like some did the first goaround.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    if supply lines get clogged

if the debt should gosh, like ya know--cause some economic distress
    and the givt decides to close for a week or so to straighten out a falling tock exchange

--ya know....things that hve never happened before

having a 90 day suppy of lifes necessaries stocked, rotated for current use,
    has not real down side short of having to move unexpedically and pack it all...

the only stuff on hand extra would be for barter ( cigarettes, liquor, smalls...
    things that are important in your area) and medical perscriptions & antibiotics.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Romney = Pro Gun is like putting the Fox in charge of the Hen House........remember, it was Massachusetts where he is from...can only see prices going up.

Remember he said he went hunting for Elk.....No Moose......No Elk......Nah it was Moose....he didn't even know but says he went hunting.

He's a hunter like a woodpecker is a carpenter.........
    Last edited by HotGuns; February 12th, 2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling was a bit off...

Administrator
    Moose - Elk What's the difference? They both are big & have four legs and fur.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Romney = Pro Gun is like putting the Fox in charge of the Hen House........remember, it was Massachusetts where he is from...can only see prices going up.

Remember he said he went hunting for Elk.....No Moose......No Elk......Nah it was Moose....he didn't even know but says he went hunting.

He's a hunter like a woodpecker is a carpenter.........
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The most used tactic in sales is telling people there will be a shortage or "you better get it now before it's too late".

The article from the NRA will help pump the entire industry into a false shortage type of panic and all the time the shortage is fabricated BS from within the industry to sell more stuff. Obama fear mongering worked last time so it should work again to bring money into the market place. It amazes me how gullible people are and how they follow like sheep. (sheeple)
    ironmike86 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

You know why the shelves are empty right? Check out the gun case at your local Wal-Mart during this time every year...

TAX REFUNDS!

It happens the same time every year.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Just a heads up...

It's beggining to look like people are getting in the panic mode again, same as we saw when it became apparent that the Obama was about to get elected.

Many of the major suppliers are having very brisk sales in all things AR and AK related. The local gunshops in my area are already getting thin on them as well as ammo.

I've been building lots of things for people that have decided that now is the time to do it for one reason or another. Some of them are first time buyers that feel like its something that they need to do.

One thing is for certain, gun and ammo wont be any cheaper than they are today. Ammo prices are already edging up and at some point it'll be hard to get as it is a supply and demand thing.

Dont make the mistake of just blowing it off if you want it because it will either not be available or you'll have to pay a lot more for it.
    Here we go again. According to some, firearms were gonna be outlawed by Carter, then Clinton, now Obama. Anything you purchase now is gonna be cheaper than 10 years from now. Firearms,ammo, a stick of gum, etc..
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Powder and Primers,I never ran out of ammo,Cause I make my own cast bullets,and can make .224 bullet tips for reloading 223 for my AR15's
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links