What Gun to Use for a Story? - Page 3

What Gun to Use for a Story?

This is a discussion on What Gun to Use for a Story? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How 'bout a Glock 18. It could be the one that Saddam had on him when he was rousted out of his rat-hole. Maybe his ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What Gun to Use for a Story?

How 'bout a Glock 18. It could be the one that Saddam had on him when he was rousted out of his rat-hole. Maybe his vile and corrupted spirit possessed it when he was hanged (yes, proper usage is "hanged", not "hung.") John Holmes was hung. Anyway, have fun with it!
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

VIP Member
    Colt 1911 in .38 Super
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

How about a gold Browning Hi Power?
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    It has to be a Glock Automatic like in the media

or an Automatic revolver
    Actually there does exist a semi-automatic revolver, the Webley-Fosbery. Webley-Fosbery - YouTube
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Intratec Tech 9 w/ barrel shroud

Daisy or Crossman? Most every male had one when I was growing up.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    A 1911 Coonan .357 Magnum those things are a beast

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I can just see the anti's getting a hold of the story. "See even the gun nuts know they're evil and possessed by the devil!"
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but I gotta agree with archer51! My first reaction yesterday when I saw the heading for this post, was "Oh great--a story that the antis are going to love! An 'EVIL' gun, just like they believe!" I didn't even read the post then.

Just read it today, and while I agree with those who said the Glock would be recognizable--after all, it is the "plastic gun that could make it through airport security undetected" according to the late idiot senator Metzenbaum (spelling?) from Ohio who helped to make it famous with all his anti gun blathering a few years ago--please think carefully before deciding to publish a story that the antis are going to jump on and use to their advantage!

Most pro-gun people are constantly trying to convince people that a gun is an inanimate object and is NOT evil in and of itself. It is people that are evil--not the inanimate object! Don't help the antis!

Just my .02 for what it is worth.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

to me a lot of it would be where the BG got the gun from; robbed an old person;s house it would be a revolver. if they robbed a modern upscale house it would be a glock or sig. it all counts on the time and place of the story.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but I gotta agree with archer51! My first reaction yesterday when I saw the heading for this post, was "Oh great--a story that the antis are going to love! An 'EVIL' gun, just like they believe!" I didn't even read the post then.

Just read it today, and while I agree with those who said the Glock would be recognizable--after all, it is the "plastic gun that could make it through airport security undetected" according to the late idiot senator Metzenbaum (spelling?) from Ohio who helped to make it famous with all his anti gun blathering a few years ago--please think carefully before deciding to publish a story that the antis are going to jump on and use to their advantage!

Most pro-gun people are constantly trying to convince people that a gun is an inanimate object and is NOT evil in and of itself. It is people that are evil--not the inanimate object! Don't help the antis!

Just my .02 for what it is worth.
    I kinda have to agree with both of them. I would love to see where it could/would go, but I really don't like the idea of the media getting their hands on something like this- WAY too easy for it to be a 'look at this; even the people who own these things know they're dangerous and evil'.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Beretta M9,after being subjected to the horrors of war,the M9 was returned to an Armory back in the States,but suffering from an undiagnosed case of PTSD the next time it was issued out on the firing range there were several cases af AD that couldn't be explained.The gun would fire without warning whether it was holstered or was being gripped prior to engaging a target.After being retired from the range and slated for destruction on the way to the smelter it was stolen and sold on the streets in a back alley.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Beretta model 92

As a professional writer, let me approach this differently. I would use a cheap, exploitive, "Saturday Night Special." Remember, we are always saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people." So, if the gun is going to kill people it should have some "cheapness" to it one way or another. Claud Clay brings up an important point, factually. If a gun cannot be possessed, and I have written some on this in my fiction, then you have to take the approach that it is not possessed but cursed and there is a distinction. If it is possessed then you are going to need to lay a basis for some quantum physics here to explain how inanimate objects are possessed. Now, demonic entities might be attracted to something because of its history, what is called a generational curse (though not truly a generational curse from a Biblical perspective, due to a lack of procreation). If these entities are attracted to the weapon it would be for the sins committed with the weapon. Again, my suggestion is for the type of weapon most of us do not want to see on the streets. So, in a nutshell, I would go for a despicable weapon with a history of violence. A cursed gun not a possessed one.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Daisy or Crossman? Most every male had one when I was growing up.
    From personal experience, Crosman pistols are more reliable. And I still own a Crosman Model 357 Six pellet revolver, a replica of the Colt Python. Shoots between 6 and ten rounds too.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links