Bought an XD 45 Saturday

This is a discussion on Bought an XD 45 Saturday within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I decided on the XD 45. It just felt better than the Glock 21 SF or Gen 4. I didnt like the Ruger p345 when ...

Thread: Bought an XD 45 Saturday

Bought an XD 45 Saturday

I decided on the XD 45. It just felt better than the Glock 21 SF or Gen 4. I didnt like the Ruger p345 when I held it. The 1911s were great feeling but I didnt want to put down the cash on those. But now I do. Geez I am going gun crazy!

My Father in law has a WW1 Military issed Colt 1911 and a Colt Defender. Maybe I can borrow one as he doesn't ever shoot them. Heck he has never shot the defender.

Any way
    My new XD 45 did not shoot to my aiming point. The center of the grouping was 1.5 inches off to the right. All rounds were hitting on top of each other from 7 yards. 10 yard the grouping moves out to about 3 inches from center of aim to the right. Once again all round were hitting on top of each other. I tried Winchester white box 230gr FMJ and Fiocchi 200gr JHP. Same results.

All grouping is extremely tight which is great but they were off to the right.

I tapped the rear sight over to the left a hair and it shoots dead on now.

Over all I am very impressed with the gun. It groups extremely well, Recoil is not bad and it just feels great in my hands. Actualy conceals well. I like that it came with 3 mags and cost only $470

I did have some issues. I shot 95 rounds through it and on round 80 something I had a misfire. The primer had a very light strike mark on it. I loaded another round and the same thing. Then I dry fired it 5 times and tried another round and it ran fine. I tried the 2 rounds again that misfired and they both went bang with good hard strike marks.

Any ideas? I have not oiled the gun. I took it out of the box and shot it. Striker appears to be dry and the firing pin seems to be free. I had the slide off. When I hold down the striker block and push it forward it moves the firing pin out very smoothly. The spring seems to be very strong.

I shot another 50 rounds and no more problems. Striker is still hitting the primers hard. Must have been some trash or maybe the slide didn't close completely. I am 99% sure it did.

This will be my carry pistol so I don't need a soft strike issue!

Grant

2. Remove Ads

great gun, good luck with it

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Nice! I know I am gun crazy. I just bought a new one and now I want one like yours.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Its a sickness! LOL. I had some old ammo that split 4 cases. I think some of the debris form the cases probably found its way into the firing pin hole. So far no more light strikes. I have dry fired it with a homemade snap cap probably 30 or so times and it hits hard!

I've seen several videos regarding your issue. The answer was to oil it, not crazy but just a good lube. Congrat's on your new family member. Excellent selection.

Links