Two new members to my family

This is a discussion on Two new members to my family within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; uploadfromtaptalk1329318136038.jpg A North American Arms .22 mag uploadfromtaptalk1329318158926.jpg and a S/A EMP .40 Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Two new members to my family

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar

Two new members to my family

uploadfromtaptalk1329318136038.jpg

A North American Arms .22 mag

uploadfromtaptalk1329318158926.jpg

and a S/A EMP .40

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That pretty well covers it. Nice.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I want one of those .22mags... Best BUG ever; they'll never see it coming because it's so small your hand will completely cover it!
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

The North American Arms .22 mag also comes with a standard .22 long rifle cylinder.

I got it mainly for rattle snakes but was talked into some .22 mag critical defense ammo also. It will make a great off hand pocket gun.

Very nice choices! I am very fond of my NAA mini mag.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very nice! I'd love to have a .22 Mag like that!

I'm looking forward to shooting the Springfield EMP and hope its as sweet of shooter as I've read reviews on. It may become my everyday carry choice over my G23 but we will have to see. Sadly this is my first 1911 which is odd. I would have bet money I'd own a 1911 before owning a Glock.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Very nice

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I like them

I was able to shoot both of them a little yesterday. The S/A EMP is a pretty sweet shooter I still need run a lot of rounds through it. But was impressed with the accuracy right off the bat.

The .22 mag with the 45 grain Hornady Critical Defense Ammo was a bit surprising. I can only get two fingers on the grip and was shooting at 12 yards which is way to far with this little gun for me at this time. That puppy with every shot kept trying to jump out of my hand. I will put a lot more rounds through it too.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    I was able to shoot both of them a little yesterday. The S/A EMP is a pretty sweet shooter I still need run a lot of rounds through it. But was impressed with the accuracy right off the bat.

The .22 mag with the 45 grain Hornady Critical Defense Ammo was a bit surprising. I can only get two fingers on the grip and was shooting at 12 yards which is way to far with this little gun for me at this time. That puppy with every shot kept trying to jump out of my hand. I will put a lot more rounds through it too.
    You said you got the .22 mag mainly for rattlesnakes.

Have you given thought to the CCI shot shells.

The .22 mag shot is #12. Not sure if that would do the job from such a short barrel.

I was just curious how dense the shot pattern would be at 6-8 feet.

I saw a combination grip/holster for the NAA that would increase the grip size that might work for helping with the recoil.

North American Arms GHG-M MAGNUM HOLSTER GRIP

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Old School thanks for the Link. I have seen those and don't care for them much. But that may change if I don't feel confident shooting at 7 yards with it.

Yes I purchased this mainly for rattle snakes. I have some CCI bird shot and will try it on paper. I'll post up the results this weekend. I'm curious how it will be out of that short of barrel also. I usually get pretty close when shooting them around 3 ft. if not coiled and ready to strike and 9 times out of ten I just use a shovel.

I'll try the CCI bird shot at 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ft unless you would like to see the results at different distances.
    Old School likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    Old School thanks for the Link. I have seen those and don't care for them much. But that may change if I don't feel confident shooting at 7 yards with it.

Yes I purchased this mainly for rattle snakes. I have some CCI bird shot and will try it on paper. I'll post up the results this weekend. I'm curious how it will be out of that short of barrel also. I usually get pretty close when shooting them around 3 ft. if not coiled and ready to strike and 9 times out of ten I just use a shovel.

I'll try the CCI bird shot at 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ft unless you would like to see the results at different distances.
    Thanks CC,

Your test distances sound right for dispatching rattle snakes.

Copy the shovel or garden hoe method.

In my area its some rattlers but mostly water mocs and they can get very aggressive so distance is recommended.

I tried some CCI shot shells in a Model 36 S&W with 2" barrel years back and after about 6-8 feet the pattern really started to spread out.

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    thats cute......S/A had a baby already

how the percieved re-coil of the 40? and is it
    a steel or aluminum frame?
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I know my Father used to carry a revover for rattlers with bird shot in it. Grant it it was .22 long rifle but he would have to shoot them multiple times before it killed them. Now he carries a Berreta .380 or Berreta Tom .32 acp. I'm sure I'll get to try some live tests when it warms up though.

OS you can keep the water Moccasins I want no part of them. At least the rattler lets you know he is there usually. Snakes should not be able to swim or survive in water its un-natural. Oddly enough I have seen some rattlers and bull snakes swimming across the river when its shallow. I HATE rattle snakes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links