Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If folks stopped watching these morons they would go away....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

If folks stopped watching these morons they would go away.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    But let's face it, they are out to get ratings--not present factual info.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    BTW, there are a number of people on this forum who are concerned about being prepared. But I bet none of them show up on the NatGeo series--they are probably way too normal for the producers.
    Both very true, it is about money (ratings). As the OP mentioned I do hate to see the gun = wackos portrayed as they are doing. We ought to start writing the network about that and let 'em know how we feel.

Admittedly it is very possible to see some idea that would be good for prepping, however, I just don't know if I can sit through the episodes.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndo View Post
    It was ridiculous, I am probably dumber for watching it.
    Yep! I don't watch alot of TV but saw some of that program. More for the Sheeple

How many anti's watch a show like that to begin with? Besides, who cares, it is entertainment. No more, no less. Somebody mentioned writing to the network about to show them how we feel. They would be like cool, got a reaction. Soon it would turn into a real world Home Improvement show with staged accidents to jack up ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    How many anti's watch a show like that to begin with? Besides, who cares, it is entertainment. No more, no less. Somebody mentioned writing to the network about to show them how we feel. They would be like cool, got a reaction. Soon it would turn into a real world Home Improvement show with staged accidents to jack up ratings.
    How many on the fence people watch it and get a negative view of the firearm community. That is what you need to ask yourself.

OD*
    Why in God's name would a serious prepper appear on world wide television anyway?
    If I were these folks neighbours, I'd know right where to go for much needed supplies, and how to defeat their security. These folks don't appear to be any brighter than those that go on talk shows and air their dirty laundry.

I would think all serious prepper's would want to remain "gray-men."
    Last edited by OD*; February 15th, 2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Spellun'
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    How many on the fence people watch it and get a negative view of the firearm community. That is what you need to ask yourself.
    I don't really care. They see if far more often in the news everyday anyway. For god's sake it is a TV show. If some idiot is making an informed decision and the deciding factor is watching an idiot get his finger blown off on a reality show then he is an idiot too. Besides, are we trying to hide the fact the everyday some moron uses a gun stupidly let alone criminally. Let us not forget your friend in Atlanta Mr. Thomas! That man could be a poster child for anti's depending on what comes out of the trial. Sorry, just had to throw that in for fun LOL

I tried to wave back but couldn't see the emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Both very true, it is about money (ratings). As the OP mentioned I do hate to see the gun = wackos portrayed as they are doing. We ought to start writing the network about that and let 'em know how we feel. Admittedly it is very possible to see some idea that would be good for prepping, however, I just don't know if I can sit through the episodes.
    Why fan the flames? If the producers of this show are viewing "preppers" in such a negative way, I can only imagine letters would be dismissed as the ranting of more "prepper" lunatics... like me!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    But if you didn't watch it you would get sweet ideas like having a box of broken glass next to the door to stop barefoot intruders!
    LOL! Yeah....kinda funny, yet kinda ingenious at the same time. Forget the TV shows and the magic bullets..........only barefoot intruders are gonna be zombies and they are already dead so they won't feel anything walking barefoot through your porch of broken glass. Invest less time watching the tube and more time in reality. Watch the news and create your own show IMO. You can learn or you can become subject. No intentions of offending anyone here. I'm just tired of unreality-reality shows. Nothing will prepare you like real life experience. Place your faith where it belongs. Silly shows anyway. Dark, meaningless objects to cloud your mind IMO. The firearms community? Who is that? I figure those of us who believe in extended existence get hammered every day. The day somebody comes for you the "community" won't be there to help. What's embarrassing is the day you get your....kicked. It won't matter to the rest of the world. Quit watching that crap and find better entertainment IMO. If you don't, I think you'll need prescription meds before too long.

Maybe the wife is right. Im screwed in the head, but I like it. So I will continue to watch it.
    paching likes this.

Probably ranks up there with Swamp People and a few other "let's make fun of the idiots" TV shows. With 200-300 channels available there is a lot of time to fill, and trash is trash.
    JD, 64zebra, bmcgilvray and 1 others like this.

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    Shows like this, and many others, make me glad over and over again that I have no TV service, no Cable, no Satellite, no digital converter box. If I want to see something on TV, I have to find it on the internet.

Can't get cable into that bunker huh?? ;-)

Rock and Glock and Bark'n like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - Second Amendment T-Shirts

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ - Go Greek. Lifetime member Kappa Kappa Bang (KKB) Fraternity

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Probably ranks up there with Swamp People and a few other "let's make fun of the idiots" TV shows. With 200-300 channels available there is a lot of time to fill, and trash is trash.
    Whaaat?? Swamp People is awesome. Doomsday Preppers does not seem to be awesome...

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

"It was one of those malfunctions...my thumb moved in front of the barrel, and then it went off." I don't think I need to say anything else here...
    KZinOKC and Cory1022 like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links