Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Swamp People is awesome. Try Mudcats: Outlaw Country too. In America's Heartland, six of Oklahoma's most respected hand fishing teams hit the water, braving hundred-degree ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

Swamp People is awesome.
    Try Mudcats: Outlaw Country too.

In America's Heartland, six of Oklahoma's most respected hand fishing teams hit the water, braving hundred-degree plus heat and severe drought conditions--all in the hopes of bagging colossal flathead catfish. It's the first week of the eight-part Okie Invitational Tournament, and the mudcatters know that it'll all come down to strategy, experience and sheer guts.
    You can count all of the teeth on two hands.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This show is to firearms enthusiasts as Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew is to advocates of responsible behavior.
    Lyndo likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I watched the video and it seemed like a legitimate accident that just happened to be caught on video. The guy didn't strike me as being a nut or a weirdo. In fact,there are many injuries that occur like this in the gun community.

Want to see really weird? In comparison the local gun show (Florida) has some of the weirdest people I've ever seen. Far stranger people than this guy and lots of them are into hoarding ammo and talking about doomsday and shtf scenarios and zombies and the government is going to attack us and... many are also very smelly. Sometimes guns are accidently discharged by so called 'experts' at these shows.

Azchevy if this bothered you then you'd better hope they don't start filming at gun shows.
    suntzu likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Man I missed that one hopefully I will catch the rerun, I was to busy prepping dehydrated spam and BBQ sauce with stuffed jalapenos while the rest of you guys are starving I will have the worst case of Gas on record ...LOL
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Why fan the flames? If the producers of this show are viewing "preppers" in such a negative way, I can only imagine letters would be dismissed as the ranting of more "prepper" lunatics... like me!
    OTOH, silence can be construed as acceptance.........no complaints, so it must be okay to air this? My point is not about writing and portraying myself to be a ranting prepper, but to point out that not all gun owners are wacko's, as they are televising. We certainly support letter writing to the legislators, big box stores and restaurants that trample on our 2A, I don't think a network should be granted immunity. Letters, pro or con to a network, can be a sampling from the public, before their ratings come out.
    OD* likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    OTOH, silence can be construed as acceptance.........no complaints, so it must be okay to air this? My point is not about writing and portraying myself to be a ranting prepper, but to point out that not all gun owners are wacko's, as they are televising. We certainly support letter writing to the legislators, big box stores and restaurants that trample on our 2A, I don't think a network should be granted immunity. Letters, pro or con to a network, can be a sampling from the public, before their ratings come out.
    I don't see the problem with airing it like any other reality show. It wasn't like it is a dedicated documentary about gun safety which would just make it all the more funny. They are all for entertainment. Funny thing is I will start watching it from now because it amuses me. But if somebody wants to write in that is cool.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I've enjoyed the show. Take it for what it is and with a grain of salt. With any group of people there will always be extremists. Do I prep for the end of the world? No. Do I live by "one is none, and two is one" and try to keep extras of food and essentials around the house? Yes. As stated, it isn't a show about firearms safety, it is a show about prepping for the end of times, and firearms come with that subject.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I love how they want to keep things quiet and be aware of OPSEC, they receive shipments in the night, and keep their rooms hidden and then they film it for national TV. Brilliant!
    .45acpguy likes this.

Administrator
    Ouch! I had my thumb in front of the TV remote and I was ready to change the channel and switch off DOOMSDAY PREPPERS and...and....The Damn Thing Misfired On It. Crap! Defective TV Remote!

I'm ready for anything but....but...Right Now....I think I'm going to pass out due to a thumb injury from my TV remote.

QK! QK! Are you alright? Come on..wake up boy! Slap Slap Slap!!!

Wha? Wha Happened? Where Am I? Did I miss an episode of Doomsday Preppers?
    Cory1022 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Its "entertainment'.

Thats all it is.

And really...preparing to stay in NYC...and not be allowed to own a gun...is about the STUPIDIST thing I have ever heard. Does anyone really think that the law will matter in a SHTF scenario? Lets see how not having access to firearms when it comes apart works out for you. Or living in NYC. Or staying in a skyscaper with no power,water,ventilation and panicked neighbors caught unaware.

Lots of cannon fodder types on that show...including the Nat Geo people giving the advice.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I missed most of the bit I believe most of you are talking about, the dude with the guns and the kids. I did catch the bit about the man in LA who was prepared to live off the land in the event of a 8.0 earthquake in LA. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that. I actually thought that guy had some brains. I also caught the bit about the girl who was prepared to live thru an oil crisis in Houston. Again, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that either as her preparation techniques could be used for other natural disasters.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Me 2

Oh my gosh I knew this thread would be up today. That guy is such a jackass he shot his thumb off on national TV. And his plans to get to safety after an EMP is a jeep?!. The Jeep won't work after any EMP you *******!!

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomEgun View Post
    Man I missed that one hopefully I will catch the rerun, I was to busy prepping dehydrated spam and BBQ sauce with stuffed jalapenos while the rest of you guys are starving I will have the worst case of Gas on record ...LOL
    You must have seen my emergency plan. Stock the shelter with Beanie-Weenies and use the gas for heat.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

There is no issue with stocking up for a few months of water and food in case of a disaster or other issue. There is also no issue stocking up on ammo and guns, it is an investment and the prices are doing nothing but going up. But if the fantasy shtf scenario some of these morons are planning for last a year or more, and it isn't global, you will have bigger issues to worry about. Such as the chicoms or ruskies making landfall or some other country trying to invade us. If it is global, after a month or two of lights out, I guarantee if you don't have a small army complete with CAS you are eventually going to get overrun by drovers, gangs, or pirates. You can hide in your little fortress but fire is a bad thing. So why obsess your life about it, let it drive your every thought, and include your poor kids in it. Live your life like a gift and enjoy every day you have.
    suntzu, WHEC724, Guest1 and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links