Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community - Page 4

Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yup. Guns happen to be a lot cheaper than my motorcycle addiction, so that's what I do these days. It has nothing to do with ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

VIP Member
    Yup. Guns happen to be a lot cheaper than my motorcycle addiction, so that's what I do these days. It has nothing to do with hoarding or doomsday.

I have a few months reserve in food & gas, which has been my practice all of my adult life. Just like I've always had a financial nest-egg, regardless of my income or level of wealth - it just makes sense to always have some reserves. Hell, even squirrels know that.
    .45acpguy likes this.

Honestly, if there is one comfort or necessity I would miss if SHTF it would have to be toilet paper.
    mr surveyor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    How many on the fence people watch it and get a negative view of the firearm community. That is what you need to ask yourself.
    I guess I give the general public more credit than that. I think most people recognize that the people on that show are nuts. And as far as I'm concerned, anyone who would use such a show as an argument for gun control is equally nuts.

BTW - all I had to do was see the previews for the show to decide not to watch it. "Reality" TV at it's finest.

Doc

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I haven't read this whole thread. But, I just don't understand why someone who are serious about their safety & security in a SHTF or TEOTHAWKI situation would want to be so "public" about their life.

I have NOT watched the show & do not intend to. But, "Megan" just joined up over at AR15.com after some idiots over there discussed "doing" her. (Some people are just stupid)

She seems like a relatively normal individual; and claims that NatGeo took liberties in editing in order to make everyone look like morons. (Save Mr. ND, who did a good job on his own.)

I honestly can't believe ANYONE would be taken by surprise that NatGeo has a hidden agenda. So, I just don't understand why people like this would even try in enter in a business deal with them.

-

Firearm spokespeople.....

BigJon10125 likes this.

There are aspects of the show that I enjoy, as in the funny extremists. There are other aspects that are somewhat useful. Oh Crap! Im watching an episode and Tims dumb@$$ just passed out from "the damn thing just misfired on me". Guess that was what you folks were talking about. What a tool. This would be the example of idiots. Im with AZChevy in the issues that they bring up as portraying gun owners as idiots like this jack wagon. "malfunction where my thumb went in front of the barrel" That waste of genes is killing me. Oh goodness, I just shut it off. I can not listen to this idiot anymore. EF!!! Now I am on AZchevys wavelength. What a jerk! This is anti fodder for sure.

I guess Ill just wait for this idiot and others to kill themselves...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Well, I'm embarrassed.

While it may be mundane to some I have a reality life so don't intend to watch any reality shows.
    OD* and Rock and Glock like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I saw an episode a week or two ago...this post makes me think I should looking closely to see if the Executive Producers are named Prez. O and E. Holder (?). Wouldn't surprise me.

Range Development Services, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. Guns happen to be a lot cheaper than my motorcycle addiction, so that's what I do these days. It has nothing to do with hoarding or doomsday.

I have a few months reserve in food & gas, which has been my practice all of my adult life. Just like I've always had a financial nest-egg, regardless of my income or level of wealth - it just makes sense to always have some reserves. Hell, even squirrels know that.
    I wonder about being cheaper than the Motorcycles addiction. They both are costly hobbies. If the country falls a prt the bikes won't be much use.bikeroom (26).jpg

Look on the bright side.... He now has a "midget digit" :-)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Five minutes of the latest episode (my first viewing) and I was done. Can't stand any of the yahoo gun shop shows either. NBut that's what you get when you try to save money by not hiring writers, actors, etc.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Last week my wife asked people she works with (mostly lefties) what they thought of the show. Not one even heard of it. Went to a b-day party for my grandma yesterday (100 years old and still cooks!) about 60 folks there, most from MA. Only 2 I talked to ever heard of the show. Most folks don't even get the channel. I fail to see what the excitement is about. If folks are concerned that Preppers is an embarrasment to to gun owners and will give ammo to anti's I would love to see some metrics on it.

Nielson ratings:

Doomsday Preppers: .8
    Storage Wars: 3.1
    Sponge Bob Square Pants: 2.7

Highest ranked Cable Show (Jersey Shore) 4.1
    10th rank Broadcast TV Show (Crimminal Minds) 8.1

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Doomsday Preppers: .8
    Storage Wars: 3.1
    Sponge Bob Square Pants: 2.7
    LOL. I remember when there was an uproar when some group decided that Sponge Bob was 'gay' and trying to indoctrinate our kids with the lifestyle.

Sadly, (with kids in the house) I can say that I've seen every episode and seen no evidence of old Spongy being 'gay'. Although I may have permanent brain damage.

I've watched one show and it was like watching someone being bitten by a snake; appaling but I could't turn away, either. I seriously question someone who takes their "safe location" public. However, it does nothing good for the image of gun ownership. By inuindo, suggestion, or simply filming some of the people, it paints the whole community of responsible ownership in a bad light. When it was over, I wanted to hide under the bed!

[/SIZE]
    NRA Lifer Since 1971

I will admit that those who "perform" on this show are kind of lost. Like the one lady who did not want anyone to know she is gathering supplies, so has them delivered at night by semi on NATIONAL TV.
    I won't knock being prepared though, and every once in a while there is something shown that makes sense ( toilet paper ) that I would probably not have considered.
    It's only entertainment and anyone who judges gun owners by watching this show, are just as lost and confused.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links