Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let's get together some of the biggest idiots, losers, overweight hoarders, hippies, and mentally unstable people with no common sense.... of all time and make ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers is an EMBARRASSMENT for the firearm community

Let's get together some of the biggest idiots, losers, overweight hoarders, hippies, and mentally unstable people with no common sense.... of all time and make a show about them and have some of them play with firearms.

I have watched two episodes.

Last nights episode was the catalyst. Mr. self proclaimed gun expert shoots his thumb Tex Grebner style and then blames it on the weapon. Passes out, and makes everyone that owns a firearm look like a moron to the generally firearm uneducated public.

This is clearly a hit piece on firearm owners and anyone supporting them by watching this crap is furthering the cause. I ask all of you as responsible, clear headed firearm owners, to stop watching this garbage and do not recommend it to your friends and family.

Hopefully ratings will suffer and it will go away.

Just my .02

Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Never heard of the show, but I'm sure the antis at work will tell me all about it. Yay.
    Spade115 likes this.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

az chevy has it figured out too,told some freinds that was watching it when the idiot shot off his thumb that it was a spectical to make Gun owners look stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Let's get together some of the biggest idiots, losers, overweight hoarders, hippies, and mentally unstable people with no common sense.... of all time and make a show about them and have some of them play with firearms.

I have watched two episodes.

Last nights episode was the catalyst. Mr. self proclaimed gun expert shoots his thumb Tex Grebner style and then blames it on the weapon. Passes out, and makes everyone that owns a firearm look like a moron to the generally firearm uneducated public.

This is clearly a hit piece on firearm owners and anyone supporting them by watching this crap is furthering the cause. I ask all of you as responsible, clear headed firearm owners, to stop watching this garbage and do not recommend it to your friends and family.

Hopefully ratings will suffer and it will go away.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    How does that rate popcorn? Anyone who owns firearms and is responsible and level headed can see the agenda this show has. Do you really think that last nights episode had any positive repercussions for the firearm community.
    bmcgilvray and 64zebra like this.

It was ridiculous, I am probably dumber for watching it.
    MrBuckwheat and 64zebra like this.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

I knew a local prepper growing up. He used to horde and preach end of times all the time. Last I talked to my mom, he passed away, miserable and alone..... and life still goes on. He never enjoyed life. He spent all of his time worrying about what could happen instead of enjoying what is happening, which truly is the meaning to life. I felt sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    How does that rate popcorn? Anyone who owns firearms and is responsible and level headed can see the agenda this show has. Do you really think that last nights episode had any positive repercussions for the firearm community.
    Nope, but it sure was funny. I watch it for the "funny value". I surely hope folks don't tune in to get lessons from this idiot. Some treat firearms like a religion, if you say anything bad or do something wrong it is blasphemy. So I vote for more popcorn.

Shows like this, and many others, make me glad over and over again that I have no TV service, no Cable, no Satellite, no digital converter box. If I want to see something on TV, I have to find it on the internet.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Hey OP, popcorn was cause I intended to just sit back and see what people here had to say about it. No disrespect to you intended.

I tend to agree with you that the producers picked a bunch of people who tend to be a little on the wacky side to some people. But let's face it, they are out to get ratings--not present factual info. I love the "experts" assement at the end of each prepper presentation. Naturally, the "experts" list all of the scenarios that the "preppers" are prepparing for as low percentage of actually occuring--just one more indication that they are "discounting" the "preppers", IMHO.

And just why do they list the "preppers" as "prepping" for one situation? For example, last night they had a NY fireman preparing for a massive volcano erruption in Yellowstone and the "experts" said the odds were slim that it would occur. I guess he wasn't concerned about an economic collapse, an electro-magnetic pulse, or an oil shortage as some of the others preppers were in previous episodes--"only" a volcano in Yellowstone!

I watch NCIS, NCIS LA, and Justified on Tuesday nights. I watch the rerun of "preppers" at midnight after the "good" programs are done. In fact, I fell asleep after the fireman last night--goes to show you how much I think of the program.

BTW, there are a number of people on this forum who are concerned about being prepared. But I bet none of them show up on the NatGeo series--they are probably way too normal for the producers.
    Tzadik likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Obviously, one can't be fully self-sufficient and completely prepared to take care of themselves during any SHTF doomsday event without also adding and attached garage/living quarters to the house for keeping your 24/7 EMS wagon and Paramedic crew standing by for your little daily, self-inflicted boo-boos. Darn, need a multi-million dollar hospital and a few surgeons handy as well. Being fullly prepared is really starting to get expensive

Perhaps the best idea is just to stay hidden out with a little food for a few days while the morons cull themselves out
    mano3 and Zepoll like this.

VIP Member
    My wife was walking through the room while I was watching my first episode and just stood there in shock. They definitely pulled from the shallow end of the gene pool to cast this show.

I had actually deleted the 'season pass' on my DVR after suffering through one showing... But now I'm going to have to find the episode where the guy shoots his thumb and passes out...

I actually wanta see this self proclaimed gun expert blow his thumb off,then pass out at the sight of blood.If I do it will be the only episode I watch and will ff to the fun part
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've noticed that the camera likes to focus on any children handling firearms on the show. I can hear the anti's screaming at home at how that child must be in danger!

Some of the ideas/plans on the show are OK, but the folks they use are just plain weird. So far, the fireman and "Tim the Thumb Guy" at least looked normal...

Watch Best Defense Survival on the Outdoor Channel. Same stuff, but no weirdos.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Sponsor
    But if you didn't watch it you would get sweet ideas like having a box of broken glass next to the door to stop barefoot intruders!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links