Glock Customer Service

Glock Customer Service

This is a discussion on Glock Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am having issues with Glock and Glock Certified Armorers. I have a Gen 3 Glock 26 that has been failing to eject rounds and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock Customer Service

Glock Customer Service

I am having issues with Glock and Glock Certified Armorers. I have a Gen 3 Glock 26 that has been failing to eject rounds and ejecting 80-90 percent of the brass in my face. The problem I am having with Glock is that they will not pay for shipping for the gun. The problem I am having with the armorers is they don't want to contact Glock to get the part and want to charge me 36.95 just to look at my gun plus whatever parts need replaced. I feel that Glock should pay for all shipping charges because the gun is brand new and hasn't worked right from the very beginning.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    I am having issues with Glock and Glock Certified Armorers. I have a Gen 3 Glock 26 that has been failing to eject rounds and ejecting 80-90 percent of the brass in my face. The problem I am having with Glock is that they will not pay for shipping for the gun. The problem I am having with the armorers is they don't want to contact Glock to get the part and want to charge me 36.95 just to look at my gun plus whatever parts need replaced. I feel that Glock should pay for all shipping charges because the gun is brand new and hasn't worked right from the very beginning.
    Talk to a different armorer. Extractors and ejectors are very inexpensive, and easily installed.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

WHAT? A Gen 3 Glock is having problems???? Everyone knows its only the Gen 4s that have problems.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

The armorer you are talking to is money hungry obviously. Try and find another armorer and see if he'll take a look at it without charging you. There is a Glock armorer in our local gun store here that is a really great guy, for various reasons, not just as a Glock armorer, but as an employee of the store and salesman in general. He has offered to detail strip my Glock slide and clean it for free. It's all in who you deal with. As for Glock customer service, call them back and tell them you have a gun that is new, has a problem, and you want them to pay for the shipping and send you shipping labels to send it in. If whoever you talk to doesn't bite, hang up and call back, hopefully you'll get someone else. If they do the same thing, then ask to speak to a supervisor or manager.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What's the number on your extractor? The one you need is a 30274. They started putting the cheap crap on Gen3s too, thats why a lot of post-2010 Gen3s had the same problems as the early Gen4s. You could just buy the extractor (if that is what is causing your problem) and have a generic gunsmith do the work for you.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

It's obvious to me that you have probably let your Glock sit in a safe next to a Taurus.

If you bought the gun at a gun shop...go back to the place of purchase...let them work on the problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's obvious to me that you have probably let your Glock sit in a safe next to a Taurus.

If you bought the gun at a gun shop...go back to the place of purchase...let them work on the problem.
    I would take it back but I have moved recently..

Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    What's the number on your extractor? The one you need is a 30274. They started putting the cheap crap on Gen3s too, thats why a lot of post-2010 Gen3s had the same problems as the early Gen4s. You could just buy the extractor (if that is what is causing your problem) and have a generic gunsmith do the work for you.
    The only number I saw on the ejector was 336. I don't know where to look on the extractor for the number.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

I don't own a Taurus, is it possible that I walked past someone carrying a Taurus and it picked up the bad habits?

It sounds broken. I'll give you $150 for it.

Where are you in WV? I usually just head up to places in and around Pittsburgh, PA or to the Cabelas in Wheeling.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    It sounds broken. I'll give you $150 for it.

Where are you in WV? I usually just head up to places in and around Pittsburgh, PA or to the Cabelas in Wheeling.
    I was in Beckley WV and am from Morgantown WV but I am currently living in Tacoma WA

I was having those same problems with my G19 Gen4 and called Glock and they sent me a prepaid FEDEX mailer and I sent it to them. They have had it since 2/3/12, but I hope to have it back soon. I have already had the ejector replaced and they are now looking at the extractor. Good luck.
    USN Retired

VIP Member
    Just guessing, but it sounds like you took the gun to a shop in your new location, and they wanted to charge you a bench fee of $36.95 to diagnose the problem. The thing to remember here is that Glock Factory Certified Armorers are NOT Glock employees. They have simply gone through the training to work on them, with varying degrees of competence as with any technician. Another thing is that it isn't like car dealerships. You can buy a Chevy at one dealership, move across the country and take it to another Chevy dealer there for warranty work. That just doesn't apply here. That new shop is trying to turn a profit just like anyone. Glock isn't paying them a dime to look at your gun. Should they do it for free? Maybe, if you were a long-standing customer of theirs. Personally, I would never just expect that.

Stay on Glock CS. It is their warranty issue; they need to make this right.
    tkruf and Toorop like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Glock sent me an email this morning stating that they will email me a prepaid label in a few days.

[QUOTE=RoadRunner71;2168667]Just guessing, but it sounds like you took the gun to a shop in your new location, and they wanted to charge you a bench fee of $36.95 to diagnose the problem. The thing to remember here is that Glock Factory Certified Armorers are NOT Glock employees. They have simply gone through the training to work on them, with varying degrees of competence as with any technician. Another thing is that it isn't like car dealerships. You can buy a Chevy at one dealership, move across the country and take it to another Chevy dealer there for warranty work. That just doesn't apply here. That new shop is trying to turn a profit just like anyone. Glock isn't paying them a dime to look at your gun. Should they do it for free? Maybe, if you were a long-standing customer of theirs. Personally, I would never just expect that.

I wasn't expecting them to do the work free. I was just asking that they call Glock for me and order the part and notify me when it is in. I had no problem paying them to install it. The Glock Armorers all said the same thing that they weren't going to spend 20-30 min on the phone and that it is a waste of time. All of them wanted me to just buy there parts. My problem is why pay for a part when it is provided for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links