S&W Sigma Problems

S&W Sigma Problems

This is a discussion on S&W Sigma Problems within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I own a S&W Sigma 40ve and im having some problems with it jamming. Is there anyone else with one that can tell me what ...

Thread: S&W Sigma Problems

S&W Sigma Problems

I own a S&W Sigma 40ve and im having some problems with it jamming. Is there anyone else with one that can tell me what i can do about it

VIP Member
    It could be that the Sigma doesn't like the bullet profile. Have you tried other brands/weights of ammunition? That might help. Mine doesn't like a flat-nose profile, but it feeds Federal Hydra-Shoks fine.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the forum, BTW!
    Last edited by falcon1; August 25th, 2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Additional information

Lead Moderator
    Also , S&W might have some hints, maybe email em?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have one in 9mm works great!I bought a 40 and it was a piece of junk!Sorry, I traded mine for a glock I just could not trust it for a carry piece or truck gun even after it was sent back to S&W for repairs.

well, i have taken the thing apart and compared it to a glock and they are just about identical. i guess the best bet is to go to what i know is going to shoot, a glock.

Sigma's dont have a very good reputation and it is well deserved they are Junk sure some like um but the 12-14# trigger pull really turns me off

The 40VE is a great gun but with the snap of the recoil you can limp wrist the gun. I would have someone else shoot it and see if they have the same problem. Try a firmer grip also. Most feed problems are either mag or limp wristing problems so does it happen with more than one mag?

If not, I would clean the mags and shoot again and if still having a problem replace the springs.

I hope this helps!

Mine has 3000+ rounds through it with no problems and one of my most reliable guns.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

well, i have two high cap mags for it, one of which is stock the other aftermarket. The gun is jamming with both of them, even after cleaning. i called the company and they said it might be an extracter problem and to send it in and they will take care of it. hopefully that works

Extractor

Before you send back the 'mock glock', try using a little less oil on the extractor. Ideally, the claw really ought to remain pretty much dry.

Had exactly the same problem on a Springfield XD, which are most certainly NOT junk. Cleaned the extractor, didn't coat it in oil and never a jam ever again.

People tend to use too much oil generally when cleaning their guns.

Case, I was thinking the same thing as far as oil goes. That is def. one of the first things I would try when you get your weapon back.

Or you could just give me your gun and never worry about it again. Free of charge of course...I mean, I am a friend so I wouldn't want you to pay me to take a worry off of your mind.

Jonathoncase. I have an SW9VE. I have put maybe 800 - 1000 rounds through it without a problem. My teenage daughters each had a stovepipe jam, but it was them, not the gun....... I have heard that different brands of ammo might work better than others. I use winchester JHP and have no problems. Also check this sight. There are other Sigma owners there. http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/
    CW

thanks, lots of useful info

Links