Defensive Carry banner

Sig 239, good deal?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dimmak 
#1 ·
Well, I need some input from everyone here... :scratchchin:

I've decided to buy a Sig 239. I'd been wanting a 9mm, but I called Sportsman's Warehouse and they have a 239 in .40 for $639, w/o night sights. Is that a good deal? Seems to me like it is. Since it will most likely be my carry gun, once I get my CCH, I like the idea of having a .40 better. And, the ability to buy a 9mm barrel/mags/spring is appealing too! Oh, and I'd like night sights, but I think a flashlight would work well for me, so I don't think it's too important to me right now...and I can add them later too, lol.

So, should I go for it? :dunno: Thanks!

#2 ·
Not sure, alot would depend on prices in your area. At any rate a 239 is a great gun. Night sights are nice, but I did without em for years. Anything you indent to shoot should be correctly ID' ed anyway.

#3 ·
Don't think you can go wrong with a 239, but then I'm bias. The nice thing about the .40 is for a small fee you can drop a 357 SIG barrel into it and try that caliber.

I've got one in 9mm and like it a lot.

#5 ·
I have 2 P239s one in 9mm and one in 357SIG. I'm not a big fan of the .40S&W round, but may yet get a barrel. My wife has sold her Bersa UC9 and I will be looking at a gun show tomorrow for her a P239 in 9mm. Hopefully I'll find one. If I don't she's likely to want to take mine and it's the one I carry when I am not around the house. You cannot go wrong with the P239.

#6 ·
You can't go wrong with a Sig, period. And I love the 239s. They're great carry guns and though so say the difference between the 239 and the 229 isn't much, it is noticable and a fraction of an inch difference in thickness can make all the difference in the world. I have a 220 and I'm sure I'll be getting a 239 soon.

Also the 239s have better triggers IMO, its about a pound lighter pull and smoother. I like the bar-dot style sights better anyways and I can see a difference in my accuracy. I'll be replacing the rear night sight with a bar style. I'll still have a night front sight and I'll have the bar-dot for lighted situations. Best of both worlds.

#8 ·
NOOOOOOO!!! :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

Well, I went out, checked the 239 over a bit, filled out my paperwork and everything and was all set to get the gun- just had to pay for it. We walked up to the counter and I told them I was going to pay for it with the Sportsmans Warehouse credit card they're always pushin'. All I had to do was apply for the card, which I thought they just do over the phone, like every other place on Earth does...nope!!!:rant:

So now I get to call and apply tomorrow and see if the card company will hopefully give me a number over the phone to use. If not, I can put the 239 on layaway until the card arrives. My wife and I figured I'd just sign up for the card for the benefits, and it can just be my "gun" card- whenever I get one gun paid off, I can buy another, and so on, lol!

Anyhoo, thanks for the input fellas. It'll be here soon!!:bawling:

#11 ·
Check out this guy for Sigs. He usually goes pretty cheap (I think). http://dsofirearms.com/

The store is actually like 3 blocks from my house. They don't have a storefront and sell mostly on the Internet, so they keep the prices pretty low. Really nice folks.

#13 · (Edited)
My wife has the P239 in .357 Sig... and loves it... There was a great point made about the .40/.357's ability to barrel swap... No other mags or springs needed to do this... The 9mm you CAN NOT drop any other calibre barrel into... So I would maybe consider a .357 Sig... After all, it is essentially a 9mm Magnum...:bier:

#14 ·
Since I couldn't find a P239 today, my wife has the 357SIG as well. I am carrying the 9mm. Until my holsters get here this is the only arrangement I can make. I've got a dealer looking for a P239 9mm CPO for me so hopefully I'll have one for the wife soon.

Hey, Bob (CLASS3NH) maybe you'll work on the one I will buy.:image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.