A Cell Phone & $5.00

This is a discussion on A Cell Phone & $5.00 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Former "Idol" Robbed at Gunpoint Posted Aug 24th 2006 12:42PM by TMZ Staff Filed under: American Idol LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Former "American Idol" contestant ...

Thread: A Cell Phone & $5.00

Administrator

A Cell Phone & $5.00

Former "Idol" Robbed at Gunpoint
    Posted Aug 24th 2006 12:42PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: American Idol

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Former "American Idol" contestant Mikalah Gordon was "in a panic" but was not physically harmed after being robbed at gunpoint in Las Vegas, her mother said Thursday.

Gordon, 18, was roughed up by robbers who accosted her and a male friend about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday on a sidewalk in a neighborhood about seven miles northwest of the Las Vegas Strip, said her mother, Victoria Cavaricci. "She's not physically harmed, but she's in a panic," Cavaricci told The Associated Press in a brief telephone interview from her Las Vegas home.
    Cavaricci said the robbers got away with a cell phone and $5.

Las Vegas police confirmed the robbery occurred and they were investigating.
    Gordon reached the finals of the 2005 "American Idol" competition. She graduated from a Las Vegas high school and now lives in Los Angeles, where she is pursuing an entertainment career.

Cavaricci said her daughter was "scarred and scared" and unable to talk with a reporter early Thursday.
    She said she had not canceled a scheduled appearance to sing this weekend at a benefit for children with cancer in Orange County, Calif.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Hope she's not too shook up...wandering around Las Vegas at 3:30 A.M. sounds pretty risky!..
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

that is funny as all get out. all they got was the phone(with gps location) and $5......lmao i think they got hosed if you ask me...lmao wonder if they got an autograph on the $5 bill?

Administrator

Post Hey Mikalah

If you're going to walk around at 3:30 AM - Take a CombatCarry member with you and not a

American Idle is more like it.

a neighborhood about seven miles northwest of the Las Vegas Strip,
    For any of you guys familiar with LV, what is this area and why would anyone be in that area wandering at that time of day? I'm not questioning her right to do that, just curious.

VIP Member
    My wife frequents the GreekSpeak and Constantine Boards (), and this has appeared there as well. I know nothing of the neighborhood, of course, but evidently the and she had just left a recording studio. I guess you schedule the time when you can get it.

Assistant Administrator
    Would seem a call to cab company and a ride home way safer that time of day (night).

More than likely she and sheep companion wore those large - easy-to-read labels saying ''victim'' - available for robbing.!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Well, even though I live here in the Las Vegas valley, I rarely watch TV local news nor even get the local fishwrapper here, so I didnt hear about this item, but, 7 miles Northwest, that would put it around the Summerlin area, which is "upper class" area (they think so that is), but anymore, gangs are in every neighborhood. Some are real hardcore gangbangers and some are wannbee's. PD estimate over 5000 bangers here now, and growing everyday. Alot of High School gangs here also. Into extortion of fellow students for their "milk money", etc.

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

pretty sad isnt it. Looks like the herd needs thinning =o(

Sad State of Affairs...

and our cities are getting worse daily. Now if the police could just deliver pizza...help might come more quickly!

Arm yourselves...stay alert!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Glad no one was hurt....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Links