Defensive Carry banner

It was love at first shot

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  WillyNilly 
#1 ·
Man, what a sweet gun. :yup:

I read a lot of reviews and watched Youtube clips and compared 9mm pistols and their prices. One came out smelling like a rose when it came to quality and value. I ordered it at the range and in a few days went and got it. i could've shot it for free that day but I wanted to clean, lube the gun and read the manual first. Besides it was raining and the place was flooded.

I held her for the first time and the grip felt great. It's a DAO and the trigger is a little hard but short and crisp. Just right as a safety against NDs. The next day I hit the range with two boxes of Champs and a handful of PDX1 +Ps and Hydra-Shoks. All shot well and got a 6"-7" group at 21 feet. It's my first time with the gun so be gentle.

I love this gun. C'mon what is it? you say. It's a Sigma 9ve. Well made and great value. :smile:

#3 ·
Not a fan of S&W, but whatever works for you is what's important.

#7 ·
Guy at work wanted to sell his to fund another pistol purchase, so I couldn't say no to it, for five mags, orig. case & paperwork for $180.

Doesn't shoot as well as my M&P9c, but I think its a pretty dang good pistol, and it eats anything insofar as ammo is concerned.

Congratulations.

#8 ·
Yea, I got two 10 rnd mags because the range's supplier didn't have any 16 rnd models. Lots of places online are out of stock too. I picked up a 16 rnd mag though. They sell (gun) pretty good everywhere.

And thanks guys. I'm really happy with it. :smile:

#9 ·
Congrats man! That is a nice gun, I don't care what other people say. Smith and Wesson makes some fine Firearms right here in America. A lot of people are going to tell you "oh man that trigger sucks or a gun that cheap can't be that good!" Just don't listen

#13 ·
Nice pistol, congradulations and enjoy it for years to come.

Always buy and shoot what you like or feel comfortable with. Personal choice is what counts. If it works for you, then that is all that matters.

Not everyone will agree on any brand of firearm but that's why there are so many manufactures and kinds. There isn't a one size fits all.

#16 · (Edited)
Not particularly my taste, but you're the one who has to like it...congrats on the new purchase!:hand9:

I'm glad that not everyone understands/wants a Glock...just think how expensive and hard to get they could become it that were the case?:gah:

#17 ·
great value for the money. and ya, get the 16 round mags. no need to hobble yourself.

mine is the SW40VE serves as a house gun and IDPA when the sceaniero supports it. the fact that the trigger is less than target quality is, well--
it ain't a target gun, its for self defense and in that roll it serves well. perhaps i got lucky, but with hand loads mine is 2" 25 yards.
unusually good in part cause i did some 'fitting'. but if it had not started off good, it would not have got even better.

its a glock with a 1911 grip angle. perfect for me as the glock grip is my gripe.

enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.