Scope Ring Suggestions Please

This is a discussion on Scope Ring Suggestions Please within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is what I'm working with at the moment.... It's a great mount and holds nice and tight but I think it might be just ...

Thread: Scope Ring Suggestions Please

Scope Ring Suggestions Please

Here is what I'm working with at the moment....

It's a great mount and holds nice and tight but I think it might be just a tad high.

What I want to do is lower it to where my scope sits as close to the actual rifle as possible.
    The scope has a 40mm objective.
    I've done a bit or research and I think the Burris Xtreme medium rings would fit the bill but I still want your input to make sure.
    Any other suggestions that won't break the bank...i.e. LaRue or DD.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

2. Remove Ads

Is that a fold down front sight? If it is....I'm wondering why you have a 2" rise mount on your flat top. Tad high? Rifle basics tell you it's in the atmosphere the way it is. "Won't break the bank"? Larue or DD? Geez.....I could have bought another firearm for what those folks charge for a mount! Keep it simple.....you want to show off your hardware, or you want to survive or shoot with it? IMO...better alternatives at better prices. Stick to the basics and forget what's impressive. Spend more money on ammo and practice, and hitting your target. That's money well spent. If you have an unlimited budget, then good for you. I'm just saying all you need are the basics to survive. If you're going hog hunting in the Kansas plains, then you might want something better. By the looks of yours, not a bench rest or long range rifle.

It's not a fold down sight, I've just never gotten around to taking it off.
    You still didn't answer my question but...thanks? lol
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Links