I'm now a Glock Armorer. Now what?

This is a discussion on I'm now a Glock Armorer. Now what? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So as of yesterday I am a Glock Armorer and live in Central NJ (Mercer County). I'm trying to decide if I do anything with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I'm now a Glock Armorer. Now what?

So as of yesterday I am a Glock Armorer and live in Central NJ (Mercer County). I'm trying to decide if I do anything with it, or just consider the $195 I spent on the class as knowledge into how my G19 works and how to maintain / repair it.

Now you are like the Maytag repairman,bored.I am an advanced Glock armorer,if I had to make a living on it I would defenitely go hungry.
    Last edited by Guest1; February 23rd, 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Forgot how to spell!
    C hawk Glock and GhostMaker like this.

VIP Member
    So what did they tell you about trigger jobs on the glocks? I decided to leave mine alone and keep the factory set.

My question is even more basic then your reply. Do I even want to do anything with it and if so, how would I go about finding any customers and do I want people I don't know bringing a firearm into my home. I'm 15 minutes from Trenton and don't want someone showing up for repairs or an attempted to acquire anything from my home.

I had thought about contacting my local PD's, and offer my service as free labor allowing them to offload the work and have another office available for real police work, but not sure how that would go over.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Now you are like the Maytag repairman,bored.I am an advanced Glock armorer,if I had to make a living on it I would defenitely go hungary.
    Why? Are there a lot of Glocks in Hungary?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    So what did they tell you about trigger jobs on the glocks? I decided to leave mine alone and keep the factory set.
    The official line is had to sign something saying you would only use Glock parts and replace any after market parts.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    So as of yesterday I am a Glock Armorer and live in Central NJ (Mercer County). I'm trying to decide if I do anything with it, or just consider the $195 I spent on the class as knowledge into how my G19 works and how to maintain / repair it.
    So, what do you WANT to do with it? Put out a shingle and make a few bucks on the side? Go for it.

Honestly, though, in a group of modern shooters, if you asked who was a Glock Armorer, the response would likely be, "Who isn't?"

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
    OD* likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

VIP Member
    Yep thought so. I think the factory trigger will be fine. I may send you a note if I have a question. but since I don't plan on a modification I don't think I will have any problems for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    My question is even more basic then your reply. Do I even want to do anything with it and if so, how would I go about finding any customers and do I want people I don't know bringing a firearm into my home. I'm 15 minutes from Trenton and don't want someone showing up for repairs or an attempted to acquire anything from my home.

I had thought about contacting my local PD's, and offer my service as free labor allowing them to offload the work and have another office available for real police work, but not sure how that would go over.
    As any business person will tell you, "free" is rarely a route to financial success. I doubt any department would want just any one working on duty guns, anyway.

Another consideration is liability. I don't mean liability if some one uses a gun you worked on to commit a crime. I mean, what if Joe Spud has you work on his gun, then claims you did something wrong and it "went off all by itself"? Even a bogus claim can cost big $$. Keep that in mind.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    As any business person will tell you, "free" is rarely a route to financial success. I doubt any department would want just any one working on duty guns, anyway.

Another consideration is liability. I don't mean liability if some one uses a gun you worked on to commit a crime. I mean, what if Joe Spud has you work on his gun, then claims you did something wrong and it "went off all by itself"? Even a bogus claim can cost big $$. Keep that in mind.
    Excellent points.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    Why? Are there a lot of Glocks in Hungary?
    Wondered about that one myself...apparently the Glocks in Hungary break more than the Glocks in America.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    So, what do you WANT to do with it? Put out a shingle and make a few bucks on the side? Go for it.

Honestly, though, in a group of modern shooters, if you asked who was a Glock Armorer, the response would likely be, "Who isn't?"

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
    Is there anyone here who is NOT a Glock Armorer?
    OD* likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Well, me until yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    To me it is just something to hang over the reload bench and admire.
    Taurahe likes this.

There isn't a whole lot of things that you need to know about a Glock,3 pins and the whole FCG comes out,the slide disassembles fairly easy,so being a Glock Armorer is pretty much just a parts changer.
    glockstar and suntzu like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links