Attempted fraud by private seller on this forum?

This is a discussion on Attempted fraud by private seller on this forum? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I say blow his cover, so no one else falls for the gimmick!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Attempted fraud by private seller on this forum?

I say blow his cover, so no one else falls for the gimmick!
    Diddle, Gforty, ccman and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I have been very patient with the seller but now I am getting aggravated. If he reads this thread he needs to contact me and make this right.
    I wouldn't disagree with ya, and honestly don't blame ya at all for being upset, hell I would be too. I was just saying that the embarrassment may do more harm than good, that's all.

I hope you get it resolved soon...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Sorry guys forgot about the no ammo refund thanks for correcting me.

A man is only as good as his word. I hope this one makes good for his sake.
    ccman likes this.

I recently sold an item here. I received the postal money order and before I deposited it, the item was in the mail with delivery confirmation and a tracking number was PMed to the buyer. That is the ONLY way to do business.

I sincerely hope there is a legit reason things happened the way they did and that you will get what is due to you, but so far I would not divulge private info until you know for sure what the story is.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I sell a lot and I mean a lot of stuff. I make every effort to make the transaction perfect, including tracking numbers, a heads up for the delivery date. I include my business and cell numbers, photos and any special information that may be necessary. I also gladly provide references if requested. Asking for references in no slap in the face to a seller you have never done business with. $5.00 or $5000.00, it makes no difference.

When crap like this happens it makes the buyers leary of those of us who go the distence to make sure a positive transaction takes place.
    zonker1986, Bark'n and Paymeister like this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Something about "Buyer beware" comes to mind here.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Something about "Buyer beware" comes to mind here.
    Buyer Beware has to do with buying an item "as is" and then finding problems after the transaction,buying something you never receive is theft and possibly grand larceny.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You always expect people to be on the up and up. Hopefully it's not an intentional scam, and it gets straightened out. The guy should have provided a tracking # as 'proof'. Hearing stories like this always stirs feelings of 'never again'.

I have a Harley and ran across this guy that makes a bracket to move the tour pack back. The guy is older and has no website or any advertising. He doesn't even own a computer. They said if you catch him on his shipping day, he will go ahead and put it in the mail to you. I called him, and it was his shipping day. He said to just send him a check, but I'll go ahead and ship,it to you. He's a great guy and was fun to chat with. You don't run across many like that today, and I couldn't believe there was someone doing business on the honor system. My point in sharing that was you will run across good guys after this, and I hope you can pick them out. I'm sure 'George' has had a few people over the years take advantage of him, but if he did, he didn't let it change who he was.
    ccman likes this.

Ex Member
    Welcome to the 21st Century. Shooters have always been the most straight up people around. Last few years no shooters but 'punks with guns' started crawling out from under rocks.
    Badey and zonker1986 like this.

Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Welcome to the 21st Century. Shooters have always been the most straight up people around. Last few years no shooters but 'punks with guns' started crawling out from under rocks.
    This is exactly why I quit going to gun shows. They have become crowded with rude self centered folks. I enjoyed it better when the me crowd didn't go.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

VIP Member
    I am always leary about used ammo, or should I say ammo for sale from private indvidual. Unless I know them.

I found your transaction, I'll be on the look out for postings from ((( MP9NEWMEXICO))) Perhaps if we all send him a personal email and overload his mailbox he would respond to you! Say the word and I'll start it...

Members sell / trade "currently" page 4.
    12th thread.
    Dated 1/15/2012
    MP9NEWMEXICO

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I found your transaction, I'll be on the look out for postings from ((( MP9NEWMEXICO))) Perhaps if we all send him a personal email and overload his mailbox he would respond to you! Say the word and I'll start it...

Members sell / trade "currently" page 4.
    12th thread.
    Dated 1/15/2012
    MP9NEWMEXICO
    that is uncalled for. the matter will work itself out one way or the other...

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links