Attempted fraud by private seller on this forum?

This is a discussion on Attempted fraud by private seller on this forum? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; His last post on the forum was yesterday. 04:34 PM...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Attempted fraud by private seller on this forum?

Administrator
    His last post on the forum was yesterday. 04:34 PM
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Whether there is a legitimate reason for this fiasco or not, there is no reason for lack of communication from the seller. Man-up, admit your error and make it right and at least refund the buyers money.....if not, the seller deserves no better treatment than the individuals that have their names so proudly displayed via all the "NSF" checks taped up all over the wall for all to see at my local convenience store.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Sounds like may be a matter of bad or lack of communication by the Seller. Many people "assume" , but leave the guy on the other end "guessing". I had one that Fed-Ex damaged the item, it got here after being hung up in Oregon for 2 weeks when it should have been there only 1 night. We think we understood why when it arrived.

It took about 2 1/2 months to get it all thru Fed-Ex, etc. He gave me an immediate refund, but... he had to rely on me to give Fed-Ex all the info, contacts, etc. so he could get his money. He & I kept in good communication ... which makes a world of difference.

To me , he owes you 1 of 3 things:
    1. Communication on what is going on, etc. seems lacking. He may be waiting for a refund from UPS, in order to get more ammo to send you. That would probably be the worse way to handle it, but that may be what he's doing .... and not telling you, would make it even worse. He owes you an explanation.

2. Refund the money and explain what happened, and wait for UPS to reimburse him.

3. Get equivalent product and send it to you.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Seller finally contacted me and said he is going to refund my money.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Glad it worked out and the seller stepped up to do the right thing in the end.

Man...

I have some things to sell... I am new to the site and I would hate for this incident to screw it up for the straight shooters and honorable guys who are just trying to do some business
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post

Glad to hear it's getting resolved for ya.... Too bad you had your funds tied up for or month or so and still no ammo to show for it... It's deals like that, that give honest internet sellers a bad rap.. IMO, you did the right thing by replying to the "rate your transaction" thread. Hopefully others will check it out and know to avoid sellers that are slow to respond, or not concerned with holding up their end of the deal..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    Man...

I have some things to sell... I am new to the site and I would hate for this incident to screw it up for the straight shooters and honorable guys who are just trying to do some business
    I have bought and sold a few 'items' here on DC and have had nothing but success.
    Keep your business with those that have been members for a while...you'll be just fine.
    BugDude likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Glad to hear this...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Please let us know the final outcome. It sounds as if this will get resolved.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have bought and sold a few 'items' here on DC and have had nothing but success.
    Keep your business with those that have been members for a while...you'll be just fine.
    I've bought several items here and have been very fortunate, but I also only buy from people who have been members a while and have a considerable number of posts. I also usually search their posts to see if they have posted anything about the item or if they've been jerks in their posts.
    RETSUPT99 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've bought several items here and have been very fortunate, but I also only buy from people who have been members a while and have a considerable number of posts. I also usually search their posts to see if they have posted anything about the item or if they've been jerks in their posts.
    Ditto...
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

cj
    Sorry to hear about the problems. I've made a few transactions on here with great success, including with the seller in question. Firearms folks tend to be more polite than average in my experience.

High end knife collectors, on the other hand...I've pretty much given on dealing in knives for all the pain and aggravation they seem to cause!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links