"Skimmer" trigger for Glock

This is a discussion on "Skimmer" trigger for Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One thing about Glock triggers......if you can't live with them, then better with something else right out of the box. Any time you feel the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: "Skimmer" trigger for Glock

One thing about Glock triggers......if you can't live with them, then better with something else right out of the box. Any time you feel the need to mod a CC pistol for CC, then you're already headed down the wrong path IMO. Believe me. Get something that works for you from the start.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I am new to the Glock world and I would love to upgrade the trigger but I am working real hard to keep the factory trigger. I now am up tpo 3 glocks so I need to keep them the same and don't have the cash to upgrade all of them. But you guys are pushing me to the limit. I am guessing that i will purchase a trigger for the 19 someday and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I am new to the Glock world and I would love to upgrade the trigger but I am working real hard to keep the factory trigger. I now am up tpo 3 glocks so I need to keep them the same and don't have the cash to upgrade all of them. But you guys are pushing me to the limit. I am guessing that i will purchase a trigger for the 19 someday and like it.
    IMO....... "upgrades" to the Glock trigger are merely a marketing scheme. Once you become an A+ shooter with the factory (stock) Glock trigger...you might move on to modifications solely for competition performance. Other than that, for typical CC you'll be making some mistakes. If you don't wish to believe me that's okay. Some (most) would rather learn the hard way. Hopefully none of those will die in the process of disputing what I say.

I bought one of these for my wife to help improve her grouping with the G26. Well to be honest, it took two trips to the range, but she is now putting 20 round inside of a 6" circle at 10yds.

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    That trigger removes the drop safety from the Glock. Be sure you understand this before you put one in your weapon.

Yes, I realize that Mr. Haley markets it as “For Carry Use” but it is achieving the 'reduced trigger pull' by removing a safety mechanism from the pistol. There is a lot of information about this so a quick google search can tell you more than I can, but here's a link to one thread that has some good back and forth about it.

Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

Personally I would be very hesitant to put any kind of modification like this on any gun, but most especially one that I actually did carry. If you currently use this trigger, you absolutely need to understand what you are losing to gain whatever benefit you feel it adds to your weapon.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Ghost Triggers

I just made the switch to glock after searching for the simplest firing platform (auto configuration) I love the simplicity of revolvers but like the peace of mind of having a full magazine worth of firepower. This brought me to the glock platform. Like everyone else I had felt the glock trigger and felt it lacked the efficiency of the rest of the gun. After purchasing my gen 3 g17 I looked around for options to tweak the trigger. I started off with a full polishing and liked how smooth it made the trigger. Apparently glock triggers tend to do this on there own with time and rounds downrange but who wants to wait haha! After this I changed my outlook on what an "acurate" trigger was. I personally don't think pull weight on a carry pistol matters as far as safety is concerned as that can be covered by good training and a good carry system. My previous train of thought said that less trigger travel was better for accurate shooting and for the most part that holds true however a smooth consistent trigger can be just as accurate. The first trigger I looked at was the fulcrum trigger but as high speed as it is I couldn't bring myself to drop 200+ on it. Instead I found that replacing the connector would change the characteristics of the pull. After a week of reading and searching I settled on the Tactical 5.0 connector made by Ghost Inc. It is one of the models they produce with the trigger control tab used to limit overtravel. After fitting the connector I was amazed at the difference in the way the trigger stacked and broke. As I purchased this gun to be an all around performer I then ordered their Evo Elite connector. This has to be the single best upgrade to the glock weapon system ever made. It leaves a pull that is smooth and consistent throughout the full trigger stroke until the shot breaks. As with the Tactical model the Evo is equipped with the trigger control tab making for not only no overtravel but the ability to custom fit it to your personal taste. I only say that because I wasn't happy with the feeling of no overtravel as it felt less than reliable almost disconnected. After fitting to the included instructions I added a tiny amount of overtravel (maybe a few thousandths of an inch) to get a very positive, clean break. I have let many friends and customers feel the performance of my glock and all have had nothing but praise. I even encountered a guy who had done the full blown fulcrum kit and he said mine is every bit as nice as his if not better from the lack of the stack feel you get from all other glock triggers. This cost me $39.00 and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Now I know I'm brand new on this forum but I'm not new to shooting or working on guns. I also hope you don't write this off as me trying to plug a product. All I would recommend is buying the connector alone and fitting it to give it a chance. Leaving all the springs alone yields an amazing trigger pull and their complete spring packages truly let you tune the pistol to your personal wants or needs. I hope this helps at least one person try this system and decide for themselves. I have found that a good trigger allows a shooter to achieve their maximum accuracy potential by allowing the greatest control over trigger pull. I also feel this system gives the operator greater confidence that their shot will hit where it is intended. Having this type of confidence with a weapon platform is invaluable to the survivability of the operator as it allows them to free up concentration that was dedicated solely to trigger control (second to sight picture as the most important factor in hitting a target and arguably the most difficult master under stress) and apply it elsewhere. If you managed to read this whole post I appreciate your time and hope this leads to a few people giving the ghost connectors a run in their gun. I personally don't agree with those that say if you don't like a gun in its stock config then you are headed in the wrong direction. I believe we are the masters of our weapons and should feel free to alter them to suit our preferences. Like I tell everyone searching for "the pistol" for them, pick a platform with features you want and make it yours. After all who gets a gun because its just like everyone else's. My guns are supposed to let me shoot to my best ability and everyone is different therefore don't take another person's advice as to how YOUR gun "should" be, get out and figure out what works best for you. On a final note I'd like to make it clear that o am in no way affiliated with ghost inc. I am just a customer who after trying a product is completely confident it is the best available.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Liability-wise, I don't adapt a trigger to me, I adapt to the trigger. It's no big deal, and not worth $167.
    wmhawth and TX expat like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCarry View Post
    I bought one of these for my wife to help improve her grouping with the G26. Well to be honest, it took two trips to the range, but she is now putting 20 round inside of a 6" circle at 10yds.
    Glad she's doing better, but the trigger isn't the real problem - lack of fundamentals is (unless, of course, she has a physical limitation). She should seek out a good instructor and do a lot of dry fire practice.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy08 View Post
    Sorry guys I hope I didn't come off wrong. I am new to this forum but I'm not new to forums and I could see how my FNG status could raise some eyebrows. I just found this place and thought you all would want to know about a potential addition thats fairly new. I know I always look for this stuff before I buy and there really wasn't that much out there yet on this.
    Don't take it personal. Some of us on here are cranky old farts(me being one) and tend to look at things with a skeptical eye.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links