"Skimmer" trigger for Glock

"Skimmer" trigger for Glock

This is a discussion on "Skimmer" trigger for Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey all, recently I was told about this great new drop-in trigger kit for the Glock called the "Skimmer" by Travis Haley. It claims to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: "Skimmer" trigger for Glock

Thumbs up "Skimmer" trigger for Glock

Hey all,
    recently I was told about this great new drop-in trigger kit for the Glock called the "Skimmer" by Travis Haley. It claims to give the Glock a 1911 like trigger feel. I couldn't help myself and I had to see for myself so I went online and picked one up from glocktriggers.com. It took me about 10 minutes to install and was pretty much painless (one of the damn pins on the gun wouldn't come out without some "motivation"). I took it to work (GanderMTN. Academy) this morning and gave it a try. I don't think that you can really say it felt like the same super crisp break you get from a good 1911 but it did greatly improve the trigger. It almost eliminated the pre-travel, gave it a nice predictable clean break and then has a much shorter reset allowing me to shoot faster with more accuracy. The thing I like about it most was that it didn't greatly reduce the force needed for the trigger pull making this a good trigger upgrade for not only my competition gun but also my EDC gun. I enjoyed shooting with this trigger so much that I think I will make it a mandatory upgrade for all my Glocks. So again while I don't think it's possible for a Glock to have the same trigger pull as a 1911 because of their differences in mechanics this one came as close as you could.

VIP Member
    Hmmm. I'm not sure about this one. It's his second post. Shill?
    kmagnuss and bigmacque like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    So far I think that we just have a new member with a desire to participate and be an active member with an informative second post.
    I don't think that he attempting to just jump onto D.C. in order to hustle a product.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Welcome aboard thatguy08, nice post

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    So far I think that we just have a new member with a desire to participate and be an active member with an informative second post.
    I don't think that he attempting to just jump onto D.C. in order to hustle a product.
    That's good. The product seems interesting.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    In case you guys don't know, Travis Haley is formally Magpul. Having not used the product I would still say that if he puts his name behind it, I bet it's pretty good.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sorry guys I hope I didn't come off wrong. I am new to this forum but I'm not new to forums and I could see how my FNG status could raise some eyebrows. I just found this place and thought you all would want to know about a potential addition thats fairly new. I know I always look for this stuff before I buy and there really wasn't that much out there yet on this.

I'm curious. You say it eliminates most of the pretravel. Does that mean the trigger stays further towards the rear of the gun when you have a round chambered? If so could you measure it and let us know how much? I got stubby fingers and I have no problem once the trigger is staged but reaching it first is a bit of a stretch. I can do it but if it was closer it would be awesome.
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy08 View Post
    Sorry guys I hope I didn't come off wrong. I am new to this forum but I'm not new to forums and I could see how my FNG status could raise some eyebrows. I just found this place and thought you all would want to know about a potential addition thats fairly new. I know I always look for this stuff before I buy and there really wasn't that much out there yet on this.
    LOL. We just thought you were 'that guy'.

Welcome to DC
    atctimmy likes this.

So I just got my stock Glock 26 out to measure it's pre travel ("slack") vs. my Glock 34's with the "skimmer" trigger installed. The 26 had about a 1/4 of an inch of pre travel compared to 1/16 of an inch for the 34 with the new trigger and all the safeties are still functional. So pretty much the moment you touch the trigger you're at the "predictable wall" and ready to shoot. It also seems to be breaking-in and getting smoother. I definitely think I'm gonna put one of these in my EDC as well.

VIP Member
    How much $ ?

$159.99 I think it was like $167 with shipping.

I never got into Glocks wanting a 1911 trigger feel. I got into a SIG for that one...ditched my 1911s. I've experimented with Glock triggers for USPSA. Never be like a 1911 SA. You have to be adaptable. Not much about the Glock needs to be adapted IMO......you either adapt or you look for something else.
    First Sgt and wmhawth like this.

Here's an interesting article in regards to Glock triggers and those that wish to make them something they are not!

The Enigmatic Glock Trigger from Living with Glocks

I say, if you want a 1911 trigger, then shoot a 1911...But, to each his own...JMO BTW, I shoot, carry, fondle, stroke, carress, and adore MY Glock 19 and MY Glock 26, with their stock Glock triggers ....
    wmhawth likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy08 View Post
    $159.99 I think it was like $167 with shipping.
    Thats a touch on the steep side,I like my Glock triggers just like they are,I kinda live by the "if it aint broke" philosophy

Hey another NOOB this is my first post Hey eveybody
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links