Advantage Arms OR Tactical Solutions for Glock 17 Conversion?

This is a discussion on Advantage Arms OR Tactical Solutions for Glock 17 Conversion? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've searched and looked online, and have read good and bad reviews for both, although some of the reviews are from early 2011 and later. ...

I've searched and looked online, and have read good and bad reviews for both, although some of the reviews are from early 2011 and later. Which brand have your guys had the best success with? Wanting to put a 22 threaded conversion on my Glock 17.
    Thanks.

I know the AA is aluminum and the TS is steel, but what are the pros and cons of having one over the other. I think I'd like it to feel heavier like the factory Glock slide.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    FOR THE G26/27 AA seems to work fine PROVIDED the instructions are followerd. No super speed ammo like Stingers - just plain CCI 0030 or similar which is cheap and keep it clean and lubricated. Fit and function is very, very good. I am glad I got mine. Although I dont have the TS version I do know it has a Nitride coating to prevent wear. The AA has an oxide finish. Frankly Nitride is beter for this application.

I wish you my best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have the AA conversion for my Glock 30. I've shot strickly Mini-Mag RNs so far, and I might get 2 feed problems per 100 rds, usually toward the end as the .22 LR grime builds up. To me that's perfectly acceptable for any aftermarket conversion as it's not being used for defense purposes, only practice. My son has an AA kit for his G19 and he had one FTF in a session yesterday. He was using some cheaper target ammo that probably contributed to the misfeed. Both his and my conversions are as accurate as the OEM setup.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thanks! Really wanting some feedback on the heavier slide of the TS-22 version.

Links