Not here -- ever, I hope

Not here -- ever, I hope

This is a discussion on Not here -- ever, I hope within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ontario: dad arrested after 4 year old draws picture of gun Ontario: dad arrested after 4 year old draws picture of gun by Walter Olson ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Not here -- ever, I hope

VIP Member

Thumbs down Not here -- ever, I hope

Ontario: dad arrested after 4 year old draws picture of gun

Ontario: dad arrested after 4 year old draws picture of gun

by Walter Olson on February 25, 2012

The trouble began at school in Kitchener, Ontario, when a 4-year-old girl drew a picture of her father, Jessie Sansone, with a gun in his hand. When asked about the gun in the picture, according to police, the girl said her siblings played with it and that it scared her. “The school principal, police and child welfare officials… said they had to investigate to determine whether there was a gun in Sansone’s house that children had access to.” And apparently that “investigation” had to involve detaining and strip-searching Sansone when he showed up at school to pick up his daughter, searching his home, and spiriting away his other children to Family and Children’s Services to be interviewed. Sansone was told he was being charged with possession of a firearm — from the article’s context, an offense in itself in that Second-Amendment-less locality. When police searched the Sansone home, they found “a clear plastic toy gun that shoots soft plastic biodegradable BBs and retails for around $20 at Walmart” and he was released without charges.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Yowsa

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I think I would be suing someone if I were the man searched and detained.

what happened to just asking some questions first. Way overblown response by the officials involved.

Need to get the little girl art lessons, so she can properly draw a toy gun! They must not have any rights in Canada, oh that might be because they follow the laws in England and Australia. Boy am I really glad George and the boys disconnected us from their legal system.
    Chaplain Scott and msgt/ret like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

There are no words.

VIP Member
    Article doesn't say, was it Ontario Canada, or Ontario CA? Either way it sucks. I'd be file a lawsuit over the strip search. They had no probably cause for it, or any of the actions they took.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Had to be Canada

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Had to be Canada

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    More here: TheRecord - Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of...

Man shocked by arrest after daughter draws picture of gun at school

Arrested Jessie Sansone was arrested at his daughter's school after the 4-year-old drew a picture of a gun. Peter Lee, Record staff

Related Stories

Gun leading to dad’s arrest was a toy A plastic toy gun is to blame for the mayhem that saw a man arrested at his daughter’s school this week.

KITCHENER — A Kitchener father is upset that police arrested him at his children’s’ school Wednesday, hauled him down to the station and strip-searched him, all because his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun at school.

“I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” Jessie Sansone, 26, said Thursday.

“I was in shock. This is completely insane. My daughter drew a gun on a piece of paper at school.”
    Kitchener, Ontario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The City of Kitchener ( /ˈkɪɨnər/) is a city in Southern Ontario, Canada. It is the seat of the Regional Municipality of Waterloo. It was the Town of Berlin from 1854 until 1912 and the City of Berlin from 1912 until 1916.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Shouldn't he still be charged for the kid drawing a picture?
    Shouldn't the kid be permanently kicked out of school?

The Brady Bunch would be proud...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oh wow......i am so glad I don't live there or I would be UNDER the jail house!

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Glad I am a Texan
    BenGoodLuck and The_Outlaw like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

The sad part is there's a large contingency of people in the US that think that way and they're trying there best to get us to that same point and worse.
    msgt/ret, DaveH and archer51 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Those people need to just move to places like this then! Hahaha
    DaveH likes this.

Coming to a town near you...... seems our country is closer and closer to that every day.

Kids have been expelled from schools in the USA for drawing a picture of a gun. I remember one that was a 2nd grader. So, other than the strip search..... what part of that do you really don't think would happen here ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links