New Glock 36 - Page 2

New Glock 36

This is a discussion on New Glock 36 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I never understand why the 36 isn't more popular - I think it's the best Glock....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Glock 36

I never understand why the 36 isn't more popular - I think it's the best Glock.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I believe I've seen complaints about Glocks on this or other forums concerning re-loads. I'm thinking Glock says in it's owners manual not to use re-loads under any circumstances.

Between my subcompact 9, sc 40, and sc 45 I really can't discern much difference in recoil. When the crap hits the fan, you won't either. Point and areate. Practice the way you would shoot in an actual situation. Standing at a range trying to put bullets through the same hole won't help you any in a self defense situation. Work on "combat accuracy" and you won't pay any attention to recoil. I've put 200 rounds through my G36 and they were all rapid point shooting at a 2x2 post-it note. I have to "aim" if you will just off the upper right corner of the note and I can wear it out consistently from 7 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger. Now, they aren't all in a pretty little hole, but each one is getting a piece of the note. That's close enough for me.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Update went to the range today shot another flawless 100 rounds. Every time I shoot I like it more and more.
    Last edited by AustinS; February 29th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

Cool!!! Makes me want to take mine back out.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    I have a 36 and use it for carry. the only thing about it is that it seems any time anyone offers something for the glock they always list every glock except the 36.

That also seems to be the case with the G30. PLUS Im left handed. Try finding a L.H serpa style for a glock 30. And If someone finds one P.M me with a link. All i can find is the fobus retention paddle.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FPW823 View Post
    That also seems to be the case with the G30. PLUS Im left handed. Try finding a L.H serpa style for a glock 30. And If someone finds one P.M me with a link. All i can find is the fobus retention paddle.
    I will keep my eye out for one. By he way, I use the Fobus GL4 for my G30 very often, and the GL2 for my G23 and 22. I really like them.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

MJK
    G36 is awesome! I have carried one for 3 years and will never look back. Congrats on your new family member!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I shoot reloads in my G30, and it can get finicky if not sized and seated correctly. SWCs just will not work; LRNs work fine. I have no issue shooting reloads, but there's no way I'd buy a box of them at some gun show. No way!
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Congrats! I like the 'feel' of the 36 better than the 30, but as has been pointed out, a lot of the 'extras' exclude the 36. I ended up going to the G23, but I'll keep the Glock 45's on the maybe list for the future.

The Glocks are addicting. They just work. I love my Glocks.

I just picked one up recently, very nice .45. In the short time I've owned it I haven't encountered any problems concealing it. That thinner frame does make that much of a difference. And 2 of my most accurate handguns out of the box are this, the 36, and another Glock, the 22.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I believe I've seen complaints about Glocks on this or other forums concerning re-loads. I'm thinking Glock says in it's owners manual not to use re-loads under any circumstances.
    I don't shoot anything but reloads for practice in my 19 & 26. I carry factory for defense, but all the practice ammo is made on my Dillon 550. I've fired literally thousands of reloads in my Glocks with no trouble at all. I use Berry's copper plated lead bullets because they are the cheapest thing I can find and they work great.

I shoot reloads in all my long and short guns. I pay attention when I'm loading them and they work fine.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Since the last update I put another 200 rounds a total now of about 500 rounds. I haven't had any problems since those first 50 gun shoots great and I'm really enjoying the flawless shooting. Needless to say that I fully believe that it was those reloads not saying they are all bad. People that reload there own generally have no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links