New Aluminum Grips for P239 SAS

This is a discussion on New Aluminum Grips for P239 SAS within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, last month, I committed one of the gravest sins in weaponcraft - I dropped my pistol. My beautiful, flawless Sig P239 SAS, with the ...

Thread: New Aluminum Grips for P239 SAS

VIP Member

New Aluminum Grips for P239 SAS

So, last month, I committed one of the gravest sins in weaponcraft - I dropped my pistol. My beautiful, flawless Sig P239 SAS, with the original (and very attractive) hardwood grips. Well the grips may have been hard, but they weren't THAT hard, and one of them snapped off a chunk at the corner. They were still functional, but just barely (and very ugly, obviously), so I though I'd order some new ones.

I have been hearing/reading good things about the slim aluminum grips by Hogue (and others), and decided to have a look. Dang, Hogue has a wide selection! As I was perusing, some raging maniac must have taken possession of my body, because I went and ordered some. Black, which is very much in keeping with my generally subdued and understated nature. With flames on them. Which is not.

In my defense, they are rather subdued and understated...for flames on the side of a gun. In any case, they arrived yesterday, and I put them on today. Haven't shot with them installed yet, but I have to say I really like the feel of them. They are VERY slim, while still seeming to fill my rather large hands perfectly. And while I'm not going to run out and buy any bling - of even any clothes not in a neutral color - I have to admit that I even like the flames.

P239 Grips.jpg
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Man, there are so many directions I could go with this. But I wouldn't want to be accused of flaming you.

Thats not a work gun is it?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    It as an approved off-duty/secondary gun. But no, it isn't issued. And thanks for not flaming me. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Nice looking grips

I like them!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Looks good! Kinda reminds me of my motorcycle...silver paint with a lighter silver-colored "ghost flame" on the tank.

That's a pretty good picture for a Blackberry phone.

JD
    Administrator
    I'd flame your gun, but it looks like you all ready did.

Those actually look pretty good together.

Links