Defensive Carry banner

New Aluminum Grips for P239 SAS

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
So, last month, I committed one of the gravest sins in weaponcraft - I dropped my pistol. My beautiful, flawless Sig P239 SAS, with the original (and very attractive) hardwood grips. Well the grips may have been hard, but they weren't THAT hard, and one of them snapped off a chunk at the corner. They were still functional, but just barely (and very ugly, obviously), so I though I'd order some new ones.

I have been hearing/reading good things about the slim aluminum grips by Hogue (and others), and decided to have a look. Dang, Hogue has a wide selection! As I was perusing, some raging maniac must have taken possession of my body, because I went and ordered some. Black, which is very much in keeping with my generally subdued and understated nature. With flames on them. Which is not. :image035:

In my defense, they are rather subdued and understated...for flames on the side of a gun. In any case, they arrived yesterday, and I put them on today. Haven't shot with them installed yet, but I have to say I really like the feel of them. They are VERY slim, while still seeming to fill my rather large hands perfectly. And while I'm not going to run out and buy any bling - of even any clothes not in a neutral color - I have to admit that I even like the flames.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

See less See more
#3 ·
It as an approved off-duty/secondary gun. But no, it isn't issued. And thanks for not flaming me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.