H&K HK45 vs H&K USP 45? help me decide

This is a discussion on H&K HK45 vs H&K USP 45? help me decide within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am thinking about another addition. I would like your opinions on the H&K USP 45 vs the HK45 ( not the compact version). What ...

View Poll Results: H&K HK45 vs USP 45

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • USP 45

5 26.32%
  • HK45

8 42.11%
  • FN FNP 45

2 10.53%
  • other brand style

4 21.05%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sheldon J

Thread: H&K HK45 vs H&K USP 45? help me decide

VIP Member

I am thinking about another addition. I would like your opinions on the H&K USP 45 vs the HK45 ( not the compact version).
    What other brands have a similar type model that you would consider? Please let me know an approx. round count on yours. New or used? Seems like the used price is not much less than the brand new ones.

Senior Moderator
    HK45. Way better ergonomics, highly accurate, reliable as a hammer.

Check out the torture test Todd Green did on one at PT: pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » HK45 Endurance test: Week One

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    I think all three are good platforms. I had a USPc in 40 for a while and it was a pretty nice. FN makes good stuff too.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Tactical model can't be beat.......
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

VIP Member
    Leaning towards the HK45 found a used one that looks real clean. Maybe my solution

JD
    Administrator
    The USPs tend to run a little less in terms of cost for the gun, I agree that the HK45 feels better in the hand and has some other little improvements, but the cost of that is a 10rd mag instead of a 12rd mag. The HK45 uses some different parts than the USP. HK aftermarket support is almost non-existent, and it's even less so for the HK45 but it's getting better.

I will suggest though, that if you're looking to carry the thing, a USPC-45 or Hk45C might be the better choice. The HK45 is a pretty good sized gun.

I got a great deal on my HK45 (Friend in need), gun and 9 magazines + Milt Sparks VMII for $1K, I have put about 3K through the gun in the year that I've had it and it's never skipped a beat.

VIP Member
    Went to Cabelas today. They got a sale and there is $75.00 off H&Ks. they open at 9:00AM I pull in at ten after. The gun counter is full 3 guys deep all the way down. There was a line of five guys at the computers for the paperwork. I did not want to wait around. I will have to go back.
    maybe I will attend the Gun Show this weekend. I wanted to use up some of my points.

Glock 21SF is my vote.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Glock 21SF is my vote.
    I got the G-30, the 21 never goes on sale.

Hind sight 20/20 I shouldn't have bought my full size USP 45. My hands are too small for the grip. On that thought, I will NEVER sell it due to my fact that I can drive tacks all day long. It overwhelmingly compensates for my shooting style. I even carry it IWB (5'8" 185). My most accurate and easy shooting handgun. Love it....

Have been CCW with my USP for over ten years now, this thing is accurate, and has never failed to feed anything I have thrown at it, and that is a heap of ammo. "Reliable as a hammer" more so.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Sponsored Links