looking for feedback on Browning Buckmark

This is a discussion on looking for feedback on Browning Buckmark within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by sonnycrocket ZERO local shops can get them in Memphis,as usual......unless its a Taurus or a Bersa I always have a search on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: looking for feedback on Browning Buckmark

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    ZERO local shops can get them in Memphis,as usual......unless its a Taurus or a Bersa I always have a search on my hands
    Tommy Bronson Sporting Goods is an authorized Browning Dealer.. Bass Pro Shops has this listed Browning® Buck Mark® Standard URX .22LR Pistol which is the Camper but not in stainless. Bass Pro is also an authorized dealer.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I have had a my Buckmark for 25 years, great little gun, first handgun my kids and wife learned to shoot.

I wished I'd not bought the one for my son; now I can't get it back! I love shooting his Buckmark, when he brings it along. Inexpensive way to spend the day with your kid.

I have two of these fine firearms, I used these to teach my grandkids to shoot. One day two of my grandkids will be an owner of these fine firearms.
    "A man has a right to protect his property and his life"
    Robert Duvall
    Open Range

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Its ordered..........thx guys....sounds like the best 22 out there

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I got one for free when I bought my gun safe. It was part of a special offer. It's a great little pistol. It has a couple thousand rounds through it. I use it a lot as the first semi-auto when introducing family members to pistol shooting.

Highly recommended.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I bought one and it is now one of my and my son's favorite guns. It goes with us every single time we go to the range.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I have a 4" Buckmark that does fairly well. It is prone to serious, frequent, and inconsistent malfunctions if not kept perfectly lubed and clean. I've tried four or five different brands of ammo with it, and get frequent failures to feed and/or extract. The most recent problem has been the magazine randomly deciding to drop... two or three times per magazine.

But I have a friend who has one with a longer barrel that's never malfunctioned and that he never really cleans, so go figure.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    How'd this guy get past security ?

Need to un subscribe but I did get a BUCKSMARK and you guys were right
    it smokes em all........10x better than the GSG that it replaced and way way better shooter than
    my Ruger Mark3.......Buckmark takes the win!

Just wanted to chime in also. I have an older model with the flat barrel and it is with out a doubt and great pistol. Never any problems, you do need to clean after maybe 300-400 rounds. .22 is a dirty amno. I would not think twice about getting one. The finish and trigger are also perfect.

I had a Buckmark for about 18 years. I just sold it recently. It was pretty reliable, except with Federal. It would jam on those constantly. It was also the most accurate pistol I've ever shot.

Despite what some say, it does have some drawbacks. First thing is, it is quite heavy. Its all metal construction. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted to start my daughter (who was 8 at the time) learning to shoot and that was the only .22 I had. It was a bit heavy for her to hold. The slide (if that is what you want to call it) was also difficult for her to use. So we traded it in on a Walther P22. THe P22 is much less accurate than the Buckmark, but it operates more like a regular semi-auto plus it is lighter and has a better grip for smaller hands. So I felt (and still do) that it is a much better training tool than the Buckmark.

Oh, there's one more thing. Ever tried finding a holster that fits a Buckmark? Good luck. Not that most people who buy such a gun would buy it with the intention of using it for concealed carry, but there are times when you are out shooting in a field, or hunting, etc.. that you might want to holster it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'd be curious to know where you found one to buy.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

the buckmark, inherently, won't shoot quite as well as the ruger mk pistols, in my experience. Granted, in order to see the difference, you'll have to use a machine rest and remove the human factor.

in the hand, the buckmark is as awesome as anything.

The Buckmark, in any of several of its variants, looks to be the best .22 pistol I've never had. I've come close to "pulling the trigger" on purchasing one on several occasions in order to take the shooting pressure off of a Colt Woodsman I regularly shoot. I've used others' Buckmarks and thoroughly enjoyed them and the accurate results achieved with them. There's a world of potential fun and satisfaction in a Buckmark.
    bigmacque likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    The Buckmark, in any of several of its variants, looks to be the best .22 pistol I've never had. I've come close to "pulling the trigger" on purchasing one on several occasions in order to take the shooting pressure off of a Colt Woodsman I regularly shoot. I've used others' Buckmarks and thoroughly enjoyed them and the accurate results achieved with them. There's a world of potential fun and satisfaction in a Buckmark.
    Isn't it amazing how quickly a little stash of .22's can pile up? I've got three now, and would buy a Buck Mark and a Ruger SR22 both in a heartbeat.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links