Bud's Gun Shop

Bud's Gun Shop

This is a discussion on Bud's Gun Shop within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not sure if this is the right topic for this particular forum, please move it if I post in the wrong one. Anyone have any ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bud's Gun Shop

Bud's Gun Shop

Not sure if this is the right topic for this particular forum, please move it if I post in the wrong one.

Anyone have any experiences with Bud's Gun Shop? Been looking at a few different guns, they have all of them and GREAT prices (as they advertise). I read several different reviews on several different websites. Unfortunately, there were more negative reviews than good ones. Not sure if I should consider them for a possible purchase. Thanks.

I haven't bought anything recently from them, but I have not had any issues when I did buy from them. Would not hesitate to buy from them again.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

VIP Member
    I'm more confident ordering from Bud's than anywhere else online. They're good people and the '800lb gorilla' of online gun sales.

My son and I half-joke about planning a vacation up in Lexington so that we can "happen" to stumble upon their store without my wife being the wiser.

I purchased a few guns from them in early February. I ordered them on the 8th but didn't actually take possession until the 21st. The order didn't ship until the 20th. The guns were fine upon their arrival but I really didn't like the 13 days it took to get them to my FFL. (I was tracking the UPS shipment so actually I arrived at my FFL before he had a chance to call me.) So prepare yourself for a longer-than-necessary wait to get your order in your hands. I've read a lot of reviews saying shipping times were much better, though. Depending on what I can find locally, I would consider ordering again now that I know what to expect. YMMV

~ John
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm more confident ordering from Bud's than anywhere else online. They're good people and the '800lb gorilla' of online gun sales.

My son and I half-joke about planning a vacation up in Lexington so that we can "happen" to stumble upon their store without my wife being the wiser.
    I live about a Par 5 from Buds. They are always busy it seems. I wouldn't doubt they move to a bigger place. I like them and they try and help you. Just bought a NIB, surplus Walther P38/P1, from
    them. Very smooth transaction. Female friendly too.

Got this email from Buds the other day.
    After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

We are also experiencing record high sales on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop, actually breaking our all time single day sales records TWICE this month ! Considering we had no special promotions going on, and we exceeded every sales record dating all the way back to 2003, it seems pretty clear ......"Here we go again !"

As the national media and general public become increasingly aware of the deteriorating supply and demand issues.....we ALL know what comes next....higher prices ! Although upsetting to most people, it can also be an amazing opportunity for those who are in a position to buy "early and often". Whether you are an investor, collector, or reseller...you would be hard pressed to find a single more lucrative investment than firearms at this time. If you are not currently in a position to buy ?....you should still be very happy about the future appreciation in value of your current firearms collection !

To many customers, and even those outside the firearms industry, it would appear that gun dealers like us are primed and ready to take advantage of situations like this. Although there is admittedly opportunity during these times, it is nearly impossible for us to predict and adequately prepare for the sudden and extreme increases that can occur with nationwide internet sales. You do not have huge increases in sales without also having huge increases in phone calls, emails, shipping, etc.....so it can very quickly become overwhelming.
    If you find yourself waiting on hold, or waiting on a reply to an email, please reference our active customer counter on the top right corner of our website. If you are attempting to contact us during a high volume time (over 2,500 customers online) you may want to wait until the volume decreases and try again later. For example, as we are sending you this email, the number of customers currently shopping on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop is over 3,000 !

My only experience with them was decent. Bought a S&W 360 357 magnum. Price was right, was shipped fast. The only thing I was not fond of was that the guy who I dealt with when I called them seemed like he wanted to rush me off the phone. Other than that, no concerns at all. I do consider that minor in this case.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Buds is fine.

This is the wrong section. It is for buying, selling and trading

No problem buying from them. Got a model 10 (used) about 4 months ago. Only thing I don't like is the "Cash" price doesn't apply to a normal Internet Credit Card purchase. I understand why (small fee it costs them) but was surprised by the price change at check out. Shipping was good and I tracked it all the way to my FFL. What I DO like is the list of pre-approved FFL's that you don't need to call ahead of time. I called my FFL after the gun was shipped to give him a heads-up. I will buy from them again.

I bought a 10/22 from them without any issues. their website clearly describes what to expect regarding the transaction (ship times, cash vs credit, etc). most of the bad Bud's reviews I read seem to be from people who didn't read the fine print.

I also used their free classified section to sell a Marlin 60.

I have my retirement invested in Buds.......pay by credit card and gun ususally ships out within a couple of days. Pay by ACH, check, or put it on layaway, and Buds takes their sweet time getting
    the gun to you. As Buds has grown by leaps and bounds the last three years, their customer service department has been stretched to the max. Have some patience, and you will get the best
    price anywhere and over time, if you are a gun junky, you will save a bunch of money.

Sometimes the deals Buds has on closeouts is below what your local gun store can buy it. My FFL gun store just shakes his head at some of the deals I've picked up from Buds.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

They are Good to go. I have dealt with them on the civilian side and LE side. Very accomodating where they can. My buddy buys a LOT of stuff off them and he researches his butt off looking for best prices and almost always ends up buying there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I love Bud's... however, be aware that if you pay by credit card, add 3% of the purchase price to the total. They offer a 3% "cash discount", which is actually a way of charging you to use a credit card. Other than that... I have ordered 4 or 5 pistols and every transaction went very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDetailer View Post
    I love Bud's... however, be aware that if you pay by credit card, add 3% of the purchase price to the total. They offer a 3% "cash discount", which is actually a way of charging you to use a credit card. Other than that... I have ordered 4 or 5 pistols and every transaction went very smooth.
    that's true but they're not sneaky about it or anything. the price they list/advertise is their cash price and it clearly states below the price in all their listings, "cash discounted price". and in the checkout process, all the payment options and the associated charges as well as the cleared funds/shipping time info for each payment method is clearly described.

money order, e-check, personal check get the cash price.

I was not implying they were being "sneaky", just making a statement. Potential customers may not understand the "cash discount".

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links