Whos dumped a 642/442 for an LCP???

This is a discussion on Whos dumped a 642/442 for an LCP??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Choose an LCP over a 642/442? You kiddin' me? Really? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Say it isn't so!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Whos dumped a 642/442 for an LCP???

Choose an LCP over a 642/442? You kiddin' me? Really? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Say it isn't so!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailWolf View Post
    Who here has dumped their S&W 642/442 in favor of carrying the significantly smaller Ruger LCP?
    Bold question, bound to get lots of responses upholding the holy sanctity of the snub nosed revolver loaded with lswc .38 special rounds, one of the greatest man stoppers of all time, second only to the .45ACP!

On a serious note, you don't have to "dump" your revolver for an LCP. They are two different animals completely. 99% of the folks who buy LCP's are more than happy with their reliability, myself one of them. There is absolutely no denying that a snubby is harder to conceal than an LCP, none whatsoever. There is no denying that an LCP is more comfortable to carry in the pocket than a snubby, non whatsoever. For those two reasons alone an LCP has merit as a defensive choice, but particularly when it is loaded with a pretty decent round like the .380.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

My 442 is one of those guns I"ll never part with. Just too darn handy. Plus, I have thousands of rounds through it. It has become like an extension of my finger. I am considering adding an LCP to the mix, but never at the expense of my 442.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I always have a LCP on me as a BUG (other than while on duty, when my BUG is a G26).

My primary might be another LCP, or my LCR - depending on pocket size. As far as weight goes, there is not much felt difference between the two. The LCP is ~ 12 oz loaded, while the LCR is ~ 16 oz. Both are more comfortable in the pocket than the 20 oz PM9.

The LCP is hard to beat as an "always" gun.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I carry my 642 no lock 95% of the time above my other pistols. However at times my glock 26 has its place as well as a PF9. What gets carried all the time with my other pistols is a NAA 22mag in a holster on a chain under my shirt. My 642 is my main carry piece though.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    What gets carried all the time with my other pistols is a NAA 22mag in a holster on a chain under my shirt.
    Interesting carry method, how's your draw time with that type of carry? And does the gun being positioned like that on your chest ever interfere with daily routines or get annoying?
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I have all three but I would never loose the S&W in favour of the LCP. I carry the LCP for uniform work and the one of the .38s for office and casual duty. I guess I am like woman. I carry the 442 for dark dress and the other for lighter colors. Accessorizing as my wife calls it..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links