Jeez! What am I thinking?? Bet no one else is this nuts..

This is a discussion on Jeez! What am I thinking?? Bet no one else is this nuts.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I will start by saying I think I am turning into a gun nut. I love guns of all types. I like to look at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Jeez! What am I thinking?? Bet no one else is this nuts..

Jeez! What am I thinking?? Bet no one else is this nuts..

I will start by saying I think I am turning into a gun nut. I love guns of all types. I like to look at them, clean them, and of course shoot them. I find myself reading about them and now and then driving to LGS to purchase yet another. Am I crazy?? I can not believe there are many others here like this. Tell me there are more of us. I need to be normal.

So here is my recent personal struggle. I bought a Sig 226 in 40 cal. years ago and loved it. I then went out and bought a Sig 239 with a threaded barrel in 9mm as I will someday put a can on it. Before I knew it I saw the Sig Scorpion in 45, got to shoot it and bam!! It came home with me. I love it as well. In fact I am really becoming a fan of Sig Sauers. At least certain ones. Some are too gimmicky and a few are cheap. I thought I was complete and would get back to my 1911's and then today I am in the LGS waiting on a lane to shoot my, well uh, Sig Mosquito and my Les Baer 1911 and i drift over to the case with the Sigs. There right in the case with a glowing light around it is a 229 Elite Dark with a threaded barrel in 9mm. Wow was this thing sweat.

What do I do? Wife says go for it if I really like it. First let's be clear. She is obviously a great woman to put up with all this. But now what to do? Looking for some sanity here. Anyone own this particular gun? Like it?

Thanks for allowing the rant. Hope someone can just set me straight.
    TCT likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

2. Remove Ads

Buy it, of course! If you let her buy purses, clothes, shoes, etc. and are smart enough to keep quiet about it, she will probably let you buy more of your toys. I never complain when the old lady comes home with something new. She just gave me permission to buy my stuff!
    1911_Kimber likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

There nothing nuts about being a gun nut, There like money, can never have enough. Which works out well, since they cost a lot!

You have a serious disease, and there is only ONE cure...buy another gun.
    Symptoms will subside for a few weeks.
    bigdog44 and msgt/ret like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    Buy it, of course! If you let her buy purses, clothes, shoes, etc. and are smart enough to keep quiet about it, she will probably let you buy more of your toys. I never complain when the old lady comes home with something new. She just gave me permission to buy my stuff!
    Totally agree

You are not alone, I want one of each and my list keeps getting longer.

I'd really like an AR, AK, M1 Garand and maybe another Mosin-Nagant. I'd probably crawl across broken glass for a real military M1 Carbine, but that's just me.

I don't have a 1911 or a .40 caliber anything, yet.

Am I nuts....well....yes but I think I am in good company here at DC. Probably a long list of them here too.
    oneshot, msgt/ret and bigdog44 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just got the AK but an M1 Garand? Nope, don't have one yet. On the list of gotta haves. I would really love one. Join me JoJoGunn. Feed the monster. HA That's what I love about this forum. We make each other sane.

I am with you Cresent star. I let her have her fun stuff and she let's me have mine. After 26 years of wonderful marriage we know how to make it work.

OK. So I a leaning on yes. Went to Bud's for a comparison and Gun Broker as well. I have options and cost is all good. Tick Tock. emotions high.....
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Go for it. If you dont get what you want then the next thing you know that money will be spent on something useless.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Just get it. I started a similar thread on my local website last week. It's a disease... but it could be worse.

PS... I'm a Sig fanboi too. Bought 3 this past year. 228, 238 equinox, and 1911 RCS. There will be more. Oh yes, there will be more. Need a railed 226, a 239, and that new 938 and I might be good for a bit. Oh, then there's the rifles. Damn.
    bigdog44 likes this.

bigdog44, I am sorry to tell you this but you have a serious addiction. The good thing is that there is a cure for your addiction, but it will involve tremendous sacrifice on my part. Since you seem like a nice guy, I am willing to take a chance. The only known cure for your particular addiction is to gather up all your firearms and force some complete stranger to accept them. I happen to be that complete stranger required. All you need to do is send the complete collection, prepaid, to High Pockets - 1234 Elm St - Springfield. I will undertake the burden you now face and will try my best to live with the additional responsibility.

As Spock says, "live long and prosper."
    RevolvingMag, Honk and bigdog44 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Nice High pockets. Let me think on that one. That may be to high a price for the cure...

Kmagnuss, I feel your pain and think you to have the sickness. Gotta love it. It is a good thing and yes there are things much worse. Funny you mention the rifles. Actually looked at a few the other day but ran. Oh so do not want to even go there. They have a couple really nice 308 semi's

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    bigdog44, I am sorry to tell you this but you have a serious addiction. The good thing is that there is a cure for your addiction, but it will involve tremendous sacrifice on my part. Since you seem like a nice guy, I am willing to take a chance. The only known cure for your particular addiction is to gather up all your firearms and force some complete stranger to accept them. I happen to be that complete stranger required. All you need to do is send the complete collection, prepaid, to High Pockets - 1234 Elm St - Springfield. I will undertake the burden you now face and will try my best to live with the additional responsibility.

As Spock says, "live long and prosper."
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    Nice High pockets. Let me think on that one. That may be to high a price for the cure...
    If it helps you feel any better, I am willing to go in 50/50 with High Pockets and take this heavy burden from you- it is obviously too much for just one person to handle...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Hmmm, kinda like asking a bar full of alcoholics if you should buy a round.
    WHEC724, Honk, TheShadow and 2 others like this.

I only bought my first gun around two years ago. Now I own eight. My only problem is deciding what to buy next. And when to find time to shoot them all.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I think we all have that same addicition, but on the grand side it's not a bad addiciton... I have bought 9 guns last year and two riffiles, looking for a new one now would love the new XDS but can't find it yet...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links