One gun to save them all....

This is a discussion on One gun to save them all.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray Huldra » Rifles » Huldra 5.56 X-PRE 1 Oh no! How ridiculous! Mounting sights on the side on the AR? Is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: One gun to save them all....

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Huldra » Rifles » Huldra 5.56 X-PRE 1
    Oh no! How ridiculous! Mounting sights on the side on the AR? Is this the latest tacti-cool fad? Of course this calls for ambi-set mounted on the left side of the AR. Just in case one needs to do weak side shooting due to a disabled right arm. And what about the bottom of the rifle? Does it require a set of sights too?
    Come on you know better that is a rail mount system you deck it out any way you want. That setup you can fire the weapon from any position. Same as when you trained in protective gear It is an AR/m4 Platform. The difference is the rod verses gas system the weapon is far more reliable and shoot a lot better.
    I spent a lot of time with the AR from version A1 to A4 and with the M4 this weapon beats them all hands down.
    They have fired as many as 15,000 round through these system with out a cleaning. Try that with any standard gas system it aint happening.
    Real world that was the only real issue with the AR/M4 was it need to be clean.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry Smitty901, but it looks so Hollywood or gangsta to use pistols that way and now we're seeing photos of rifles, with sights even rigged on the side, being fired in such an attitude. The photo illustrating the product looks unprofessional with the operator shouldering the rifle sideways.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Something full auto...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Star Trek Phaser.

AR-15 with different stocks and upper.

Senior Moderator
    10 years huh?

No ammo reloading eh?

In that case I'll take my bear killing .50 caliber muzzeloader. I can cast lead bullets and stuff the thing with homemade blackpowder if I have too. I'll augment it with one of the 12" Bowies and a Tomohawk just in case. I can go anywhere and have ammo.

When those AR's and AK's quit running, I'll take your food and your women as well as your dogs (if you havent eaten them yet) and your children.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    10 years huh?

No ammo reloading eh?

In that case I'll take my bear killing .50 caliber muzzeloader. I can cast lead bullets and stuff the thing with homemade blackpowder if I have too. I'll augment it with one of the 12" Bowies and a Tomohawk just in case. I can go anywhere and have ammo.

When those AR's and AK's quit running, I'll take your food and your women as well as your dogs (if you havent eaten them yet) and your children.
    Um, what ignites the charge? I wondered if someone would bring in muzzle loaders.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Um, what ignites the charge? I wondered if someone would bring in muzzle loaders.
    He said muzzle-loader. I think he meant flintlock. Muzzle loader probably needs percussion caps of some sort. Flintlock only needs a rock and some powder.

I think I'll stick with the 5-6" barrel .22lr revolver I originally posted. 10K rounds of .22lr would almost last a lifetime (assuming your .02% failure rate), and it would be MUCH easier than carrying the same amount of .223, or 7.62X39/7.62X54R (I have a bit of a thing for Mosin-Nagant carbines). With that length barrel the .22lr will be accurate, and deadly, enough to suit my purposes. As well as being fairly concealable.

Also, the .22lr revolver would probably do a pretty good job of getting me someone else's gun later on. (I am currently playing Fallout 3 on my Xbox- again. Reminding me that no matter what happens, people WILL be trying to take by force what isn't already theirs- after I have defended myself and my family, I'll take theirs that they used against me.)
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Definitely in this set of circumstances I would go with an M4
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

With the new requirements, a Glock 34.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

My NYLON 66: "The auto-loading .22 caliber Remington Nylon 66 rifle was introduced by Remington Arms in 1959, featuring a synthetic stock built from the DuPont material Zytel, a compound similar to Nylon. The largely synthetic construction meant that the Nylon 66 could operate without any added lubricants. This made it very popular in arctic regions, and indeed there have been many reports of indigenous peoples taking large animals, such as moose, with a .22LR fired from a Nylon 66. Some have speculated that the light weight of the gun could potentially cause substandard accuracy in the field, but this does not seem to be a complaint from Nylon 66 shooters. The Nylon 66 was fitted with leaf sights as well as a grooved receiver that could accommodate a mount for a telescopic sighThe Remington Nylon 66 is the roughest, toughest, most trouble-free 22 automatic made. And for one big reason: Nylon. Nylon makes the action virtually jamproof (Key parts glide on 'greaseless bearings' of long-wearing nylon.) There's actually no need for lubrication. The remarkable DuPont 'Zytel' nylon stock is not affected by freezing cold, soaking rain or rotting humidity."

Use it for food AND Self Defense. 10,000 rounds will last a long long time...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

This is a tough one, but I have to agree with an earlier post. Much of the world relies on the AK. Can't beat it for reliability.

12 G pump shotgun
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links