Your Worst Gun

This is a discussion on Your Worst Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kel-tec PF-9...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Your Worst Gun

Kel-tec PF-9
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

2. Remove Ads

1st post here Hi to all.
    Any gun made by Kel- tec had 2 they both were dogs.
    Same with Kahr had 3 the slide cracked on one the other two were nothing but problums.
    Any Smith and wesson made after 96 using MIM parts and that dumb lock and they started pushing them out the door as fast as they can. Bought to many to list over the years and not one of them compares to my 640-1 357mag. Just sold off my last one.
    Side note: all firearm manufactures sometimes put out a Monday or Friday gun but if you go to the Smith Wesson forum you'll read about all the guns that have to go back. It's a dam shame a once great company like Smith & Wesson putting out junk. They should just put the return lable in the box with the gun. Ok my rants over:)
    Mike'

I cant remember the model, but it was a old shot out S&W cop gun. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it... even from inside... Next was a Beretta 90-two, had it for about 300 rounds about two months... It was to cold to go to the outdoor range... Depending on what brand of ammo you were shooting is where it hit but never where it should have... Got rid of it and got a FNH FNX40 and its dead on with the same ammo...

No, you are not the exception. I made the same expensive mistake also. Mine was never reliable after nearly 1,000 rounds. Will never own another Kahr......
    buckfynn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I don't have a worst gun. I own a Glock and a Sig, both are high quality weapons.
    Boooo!! This thread is for those of us that have or have had crappy guns....Let us suffer in peace with our Kel Tec's while you lube your Sigs and Glocks
    aznav likes this.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    S & W sigma .40 long since sold it, shoot low and left sent it in could never shoot it accurately...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Kimber pro carry 1911... I'm not saying all Kimbers are like this but mine was a lemon!

Constant jams, FTE's, stove piping, etc. had it worked on and it still jammed, at least once or twice every 100 rounds.... Which isn't carry worthy IMO. I really really wanted to love it, but she just failed me too many times and I became unconfident carrying it. I'm now the proud owner and carrier of an M&Pc and after thousands of trouble free rounds I couldn't be happier. She's not as pretty as my old Kimber, but reliability absolutely trumps aesthetics. YMMV, no offense Kimber fans.

The ones I never bought! Gigidy

Quote Originally Posted by Glocking26 View Post
    1st post here Hi to all.
    Any gun made by Kel- tec had 2 they both were dogs.
    Same with Kahr had 3 the slide cracked on one the other two were nothing but problums.
    Any Smith and wesson made after 96 using MIM parts and that dumb lock and they started pushing them out the door as fast as they can. Bought to many to list over the years and not one of them compares to my 640-1 357mag. Just sold off my last one.
    Side note: all firearm manufactures sometimes put out a Monday or Friday gun but if you go to the Smith Wesson forum you'll read about all the guns that have to go back. It's a dam shame a once great company like Smith & Wesson putting out junk. They should just put the return lable in the box with the gun. Ok my rants over:)
    Mike'
    Gotta love the broad, sweeping statement that ALL S&Ws are just "junk"... Check this forum for reviews on the M&P line or ask around. They are FAR from junk, but what do I know, I'm just some guy on the Internet.

Amen brother. Proud owner of two m&P's with several THOUSAND rounds through and not a single hiccup. Or my brothers. Or my other brothers. Or my friends
    John123 likes this.

OP, I had a Jimenez as well... I was young and had that "gun show itch", I couldnt bear leaving without buying something. The little Jimenez was around 100, maybe even less? Brand new. I should have known better.... I ended up giving it away to a Lib who finally "saw the light" living in Atlanta, Georgia. As a relative by law I told him to consider it a stop-gap until he bought a real gun. I guess it's better than nothing...

I have a little semiauto that shoots 22 short that was made in the 50s. It looks like a miniature 1911 finished in nickel. It was given to me by my Dad many moons ago. You cannot get through one mag without a jam. It is essentially a paper weight. It isn't even fun to shoot on the range because of the jams...and when it isn't jamming, you can't hit the broad side of a barn from 5 feet. Terrible gun.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I have a M&P 9 and a LCP .380 ... So I don't have a worst... as I do my homework before buying, not on impulse :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

My worst gun is also one of my coolest guns. A Desert Eagle. You really need wheels on the holster for one of these things. Thinking about converting one of those old golf bags with wheels into a holster for mine.
    I have yet to find a real use for this thing since I first picked it up in the mid eighties. It does make a neat door stop.
    But you cannot deny the coolness factor!

Michael
    aznav likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    My worst gun is also one of my coolest guns. A Desert Eagle. You really need wheels on the holster for one of these things. Thinking about converting one of those old golf bags with wheels into a holster for mine.
    I have yet to find a real use for this thing since I first picked it up in the mid eighties. It does make a neat door stop.
    But you cannot deny the coolness factor!

Michael
    Haha I wouldn't say "worst" perhaps "least practical".
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Links