Your Worst Gun - Page 8

Your Worst Gun

This is a discussion on Your Worst Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RKM Kel P3AT. Starting experience FTF's and "Smilies" that I couldn't get rid of. I wanted to like that gun. Carrying it ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Your Worst Gun

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Kel P3AT. Starting experience FTF's and "Smilies" that I couldn't get rid of. I wanted to like that gun. Carrying it was too easy. But man did it suck.
    You may have a point. Mine works but got off to a rocky start. The design, the plastic, the DAO trigger, and the sights are all crude and primitive in my view. I'll keep it for my purposes which is as infrequent a carry pistol as I can possibly make it be. The .380 is a whole sight better than .25 ACP even if the P3AT is cheapo compared to the fine quality and fine functioning Colt Model 1908 .25 it replaced.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Kel-Tec P3AT. Plastic piece of poo...

Kel-Tec P-11. Trigger that could choke a donkey...
    aznav likes this.

My Taurus PT145 Pro - very unreliable. It's on the trading block for an M&P 9mm.

The other was a .22 revolver I bought from my old roommate for $50 way back in the day. You had to unscrew and remove the cylinder pin and remove the cylinder to reload it. We called it the "Get off me gun" because its power and range was so low.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    My worst gun is also one of my coolest guns. A Desert Eagle. You really need wheels on the holster for one of these things. Thinking about converting one of those old golf bags with wheels into a holster for mine.
    I have yet to find a real use for this thing since I first picked it up in the mid eighties. It does make a neat door stop.
    But you cannot deny the coolness factor!

Michael
    Makes perfect sense. Coolness is everything!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SickMAK90 View Post
    The worst shooting and most unreliable gun I have ever owned was a Kimber Ultra Carry II. After the taste it left in my mouth I may never own another 1911.
    Don't judge a 1911 by Kimber! They're just eye candy, imho.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I wouldn't say that I've had a worst, but the one I was least satisfied with was a Taurus (Beretta 92 clone) that I bought in the 80's. I didn't keep it too long. The sad part of the story is the same person I sold it too also bought my Ruger Security Six that I wish I'd held onto.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSlim View Post
    I wouldn't say that I've had a worst, but the one I was least satisfied with was a Taurus (Beretta 92 clone) that I bought in the 80's. I didn't keep it too long. The sad part of the story is the same person I sold it too also bought my Ruger Security Six that I wish I'd held onto.
    Karma!

While I've had good luck with the guns I've owned, I can tell you the worst that I've fired. My brother-in-law was trying to sell me his semi-auto MAC-10, so we took it to the range for me to try out. I think I fired seven rounds out of the thing and handed it back to him. Most uncomfortable gun I've even fired. The trigger guard practically slided my hand open.

A cobra .380, worst purchase EVER!! Heavy, unreliable, no locking open, ugly as sin...just a bad purchase. Thank god i didn't pay over 100 for it, no wonder it was so cheap.

Worst was an Italian Carcano that had been "sporterised". I bought it with the intention of restoration, but after getting it home and disassembling the thing it was way beyond that. Wildly inaccurate too. Still managed to double my money on it though...

sccy 9mm. Not that it was the worst but the accuracy was horrible. I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn even if I was standing inside it.

Springfield 1911 45. It simply does not work reliably. It jambs on extraction. It jambs when insertion of shell into chamber. It sticks half way open after a shot with no jambed shell. It simply is not a fucntional weapon.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Keltec PF9.
    Same here! It was my 2nd gun I ever bought I knew nothing about it but I like the fact that it was a 9mm and it was light and concealable. But when i took it to the range I had nothing but problems with jamming, shells stuck ect... Now I talked to a owner of a gun shop and I told him I didnt like kel tec because of that experience and he said REALLY? They are great.. Mabey they fixed the problem which I was told was the recoil spring. I did like the kel tec .32 but Nothing like a glock compact for me , Im very comfortable with it and have had the 27 for a good 6 or 7 years now

Iver Johnson Arms and Cycle Works actually made high quality firearms in their time.

The break open design is not very strong but the .32 ammo used was very weak and the gun is easy to shoot. I did a lot of research because I actually have a couple of these gun is .32 and .38 both are collector items nowadays but do not sell these guns short. They are very well made and of excellent quality. Collector value is zip because of quantity and the caliber' they were made in.

Enjoy them for what they are.

Believe it or not it was a Kahr Pm9.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links