Your Worst Gun

This is a discussion on Your Worst Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On impulse, I bought a shiny new Jimenez .380 to give to my girlfriend for Christmas. She'd only been shooting once before, and didn't seem ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Your Worst Gun

Your Worst Gun

On impulse, I bought a shiny new Jimenez .380 to give to my girlfriend for Christmas. She'd only been shooting once before, and didn't seem that thrilled with it, but I thought a pretty gun of her very own would get her excited about going to the range (I was right, FWIW). So I saw this thing sitting on a table at a gun show, and imagined her opening it on Christmas morning. The price tag was well below $200, so I decided to go for it. I'd never heard of Jimenez Arms before, but I thought, As long as it doesn't blow up in my hand, it's fine. She is not in a position to be CC'ing for a while, and when/if she decides she wants to, I knew we'd look at getting her something more reliable.

After getting this "gem" home and doing a bit of research, I discovered the ugly history of this particular pistol. One afternoon at the range, and it has been sitting in its box ever since. My LGS wouldn't even give me $20 store credit for it (unfired). At least I got some nice brownie points. Of course, now she expects a replacement, and the ones she likes are not cheap.

What was your worst gun purchase?
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

2. Remove Ads

I love all my guns.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

VIP Member
    At least it's not shoes. You can at least use her gun.

I have an old Iver Johnson break top .32 that I don't think much of.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I've never really bought 'cheap'...even in the early days of my experiences.
    I have bought some CCW mistakes, but it's all good.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Kimber Solo, simply due to durability and reliability issues. Accelerated wear on locking lugs (again, 3rd time), FTE's. It started life as my EDC, now it's just a conversation piece.

Research must be done before buying any weapon.
    In very early 70's I bought a R&G 22 revolver that weapon defined bad. A revolver that would fail to fire more than it did. I learned latter everything they sold was like that.
    I destroyed it

I like all the pistols, revolvers and rifles I have ever used.. Have not had any bad experience...

There are some weapons that need breaking in and that can be done in a day or two... I have seen folks purchase really nice guns which they fail to properly break in so their experience and opinion are negative.. I have also seen folks who do not properly maintain their weapons, don't clean and oil, and have a lot of problems with them.
    goldmaster likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Never had what I consider a "worst" gun. My "least loved" gun was a Ruger P89 which has long since been traded away.

I'd have to say the one that has been the most disappointing to date would be my S&W BodyGuard .38. I really wanted to like that gun, but the cylinder has way to much forward and rearward slop in it for my taste. None of my other revolvers have anything close to the amount of movement that this thing has.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Keltec PF9.
    RichB70 and mg27 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

SCCY 9mm. It was NIB cheap under $200. FTF's, FTE's and the safety would engage while I was firing it.

Back to your story....buy her something nice.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Was you mad at her? I don't have a "worst" gun ,I know what works.

VIP Member
    I don't really think I have much to complain about. Maybe my old AMT backup?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Never had what I consider a "worst" gun. My "least loved" gun was a Ruger P89 which has long since been traded away.
    Still have it still shoot the P89 an outstanding full size

NAA Guardian 380..............nuff said.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links