Best trigger on a full size 9mm under $500?

This is a discussion on Best trigger on a full size 9mm under $500? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Qualifications: 1. Must be 9x19mm 2. Must have a rail. 3. The longer the barrel and more capacity the better. 4. UNDER $500 After much ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best trigger on a full size 9mm under $500?

Qualifications:

1. Must be 9x19mm
    2. Must have a rail.
    3. The longer the barrel and more capacity the better.
    4. UNDER $500

After much thinking I'm going to sell a rifle in order to pay for a home defense pistol. I intend to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 on it as well so a rail is required. I need the trigger to be as precise and as light as possible, easy to shoot as it will be the primary weapon for the woman when I am not home. Not interested in Glocks due to my opinion on the wide grip and sights.

Current front runner for myself is the S&W MP 9mm ($482), or the CZ 75 P07 Duty ($399 Blem.), also curious about the Sig P250 ($415) but have heard rumors about the long trigger pull.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Well, what kind of trigger do you want the pistol to have? DA/SA, or DAO Striker fired? That is going to have a fair bit to do with it.

Any double stack 9mm is going to have a fairly wide grip, as it needs room for a staggered mag.

The Cz-75 in single action has a pretty good trigger, but the first DA pull is fairly long and heavy.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Most of what I have experience with has been striker fired. I do realize that the grip is going to be wider in a double stack magazine then a single stack of course. But just for reference an M&P is great to hold while a Gen3 G19 is not IMO.

NO offense, but you seem to be asking for the answer to a questions that is totally subjective and can only be answered by you. My best, and most sincere recommendation is to go to a range that rents a variety of guns.....shoot a bunch of them in the model and caliber you are interested in, and then make an informed decision.

Trigger pull is typically measure by weight: the lighter the weight, the easier the pull. But factors like smoothness and travel, take up and release are also important and no one else's opinion is worth more than your own experience. Besides, that's half the fun!
    sensei2 likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

The Ruger SR9c and SR9 have good SA triggers. S&W M&PS also have some good stock triggers. The SR9s also have fairly thin grips and you will come in under $500 too.

And its about guaranteed that even though you already said no Glocks, some Glocktard will tell you that it is your only option.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Tried a PPQ yet?
    genauwiedu likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

In before someone says Glock 17.

I would say a Glock 19 or 17 but the OP said no Glocks
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

I bought my fiancee an M&P 9 and she loves it. As a side note, Dana Safety Supply here in GA has them on sale for $399. So if that's the route you take, you could have it shipped to your FFL and have money left over for ammo and range time and still come in under budget.

Brademan: Your exactly correct, I was just looking for different options compare. There are no ranges in my area to rent firearms. I have shot a large variety of guns though.

Rammerjammer: Ah, I meant to include the SR9 and forgot!

Kerberos: The PPQ would be a great choice and is highly spoken of however the price tag puts it out of the competition.

Fellas, I had a third generation G19 which shot amazingly well. It however did not fit my or my ladies hand very well. We both hated the factory sights on it. And the G17 I believe anyway is slightly over $500....out of the running.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Brademan: Your exactly correct, I was just looking for different options compare. There are no ranges in my area to rent firearms. I have shot a large variety of guns though.

Rammerjammer: Ah, I meant to include the SR9 and forgot!

Kerberos: The PPQ would be a great choice and is highly spoken of however the price tag puts it out of the competition.

Fellas, I had a third generation G19 which shot amazingly well. It however did not fit my or my ladies hand very well. We both hated the factory sights on it. And the G17 I believe anyway is slightly over $500....out of the running.
    May want to check around a little more...

Fondled one at LGS just last week that had a $489 tag.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Look thru this Centerfire ad and find one.\\

Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories

Caracal F 9mm Full Size Pistol with (2) 18rd Mags #CARACAL-FS

CARCAL-FS-T.jpg

This is the bee's knee!!!!

]

Springfield's XD line is very good...you can get an NIB XD for under $500, or a used XDm for a little over. They are 16+1 and 19+1 respectively in 9x19.

-Russell
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

I personally like the Feel of the SR9C. I have also fired an xd in .40 s&w and I like that as well so i would assume the 9mm version is similar.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Qualifications:

1. Must be 9x19mm
    2. Must have a rail.
    3. The longer the barrel and more capacity the better.
    4. UNDER $500

After much thinking I'm going to sell a rifle in order to pay for a home defense pistol. I intend to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 on it as well so a rail is required. I need the trigger to be as precise and as light as possible, easy to shoot as it will be the primary weapon for the woman when I am not home. Not interested in Glocks due to my opinion on the wide grip and sights.

Current front runner for myself is the S&W MP 9mm ($482), or the CZ 75 P07 Duty ($399 Blem.), also curious about the Sig P250 ($415) but have heard rumors about the long trigger pull.

Any suggestions appreciated!
    The Sig P250 has a nice trigger.I want one in a .40 caliber.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links