What should my next soon to be classified as illegal gun purchase be?

This is a discussion on What should my next soon to be classified as illegal gun purchase be? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK I do not plan on,and have never for that matter, bought an illegal gun or illegally purchased a gun. This question is more for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What should my next soon to be classified as illegal gun purchase be?

What should my next soon to be classified as illegal gun purchase be?

OK I do not plan on,and have never for that matter, bought an illegal gun or illegally purchased a gun. This question is more for the magic 8 ball and all you soothsayers out there. My state (and I am reluctant to call it MY) seems to be constantly outlawing things. "Assault rifles" "Hi capacity magazines" "2A rights" etc etc. So basically I am asking what can I get now that will eventually be illegal, beating the clock of 2A right violations.

So my question to you guys, if it is not deemed inappropriate by the mods, is what is the next step you see taken? Basically I want to grandfather my self into whatever I can. I am not sure if others have this concern but as we are at war, figuratively, I know we win some and we lose some. I have a long list as all of us seem to and I just want insight from those who have seen things come to pass that are less than supportive of our 2A rights.

I may be way off base but the more I see the things my elders have the more I hope not to miss out on the relatively slip opportunities I currently have in my current state of (un)rest.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

The only thing I think they have overlooked in your state is the six shot revolver, they will probably outlaw them and move you to either a 5 shot, or a 4 or 3 if they can swing it. I don't know if you can really revolve under three cylinders?
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    I changed the title to keep within forum rules.

Now that thats out of the way, you have a specific criteria to meet before it gets outlawed eventually.

It must be extremely fun, black, powerful, loud, accurate and the mere sight of it must instill fear in the hearts of liberals everywhere.

Get several of them and you'll be good to go.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Oh that would be a disgrace...but I guess all of the current outlawing is as well. It is bad enough that companies wont even attempt to get thier guns through the process to be sold here. From what I have heard the Springfield XD(M) wont be here anytime soon ,if ever as Springfield doesnt want to jump through the hoops to get it approved. I understand why, but I do want one! Just like a decent non-castrated AR and a boatload of other firearms
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Thanks Hotguns, feared I was treading a thin line and it is not my intention to offend or break the rules. You guys and all the member as awesome. Unfortunately all of those that you mentioned are already outlawed! I think my next purchase is going to be a house in a free state, although my current business is thriving so that may be tough. Maybe when the zombies come the laws will be changed to accommodate my desires
    BigJon

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Now that thats out of the way, you have a specific criteria to meet before it gets outlawed eventually.

It must be extremely fun, black, powerful, loud, accurate and the mere sight of it must instill fear in the hearts of liberals everywhere.

does not the wallmart squirt gun meet all these requirments already? it is CA after all.
    HotGuns likes this.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I would get a vacation home. say in AZ or some other non CA state.
    Then take your time and scrach build a nice black, loud, and able to make liberals everywere weak in the knees from just the site of it AR. keep it in your bolted to the floor safe and come for a visit when you can. as far as I know, that is not baned in CA.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

This is very true. Weapons meeting those criteria will also be the most expensive. Back when everyone thought that President Clinton was going to ban everything it was amazing to watch what folks around here were buying. The more ridiculous a firearm looked the more folks were willing to pay for it. Put a pistol grip, a huge scope and whatever else he could think of on a piece of junk and people would pay whatever he asked. They had to get it before Clinton banned them.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    does not the wallmart squirt gun meet all these requirments already? it is CA after all.
    Yep, any SuperSoaker with a magazine capacity larger than 4 oz of water will be on the new ban list.
    juliandelph likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Get your black powder rifles (not modern in line) while you can. Not only are they deadly, but they pollute the air!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Get your black powder rifles (not modern in line) while you can. Not only are they deadly, but they pollute the air!
    Love it. That will get at least two groups twitching and if you shoot at an animal you can add the PETA crowd to the quiver fest
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

I have started working on my NFA Collection for the same reason. I am hoping we are going the other direction on NFA items (making them more permissible), but I also see them as being a target of the antis if things swing back the other way. I would say that would be the route to go, but I think most NFA weapons are already banned in CA. However, IIRC AOW classified NFA items are for the most part legal in CA. Given that, I would get a super-shorty pistol grip shotgun. The transfer tax is only $5, and they run in the $500-$750 range new. Basically, they are 12 gauge pistols.

Here is my first NFA item, a Ruger 22/45 with a suppressor. I have three more NFA items pending, another suppressor and two short barreled AR-15 type rifles.

ETA: Pic of a super shorty AOW 12 gauge. Not mine, unfortunately, but I still say this is most likely to piss off the antis.

Last edited by Landric; March 8th, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    HotGuns likes this.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

California already has a lot more restrictions than most states, I hesitate to attempt to predict the future. I am hopeful that eventually the left coast will realign itself more with the reasonable majority of the USA, but I am not holding my breath and I will not live there nor several places in the Northeast.

I think you are asking for something that is obtainable now so that you will be grandfathered in if the laws are more restrictive in the future. Best answer is to move to another state that has more conservative 2nd amendment leanings.

You mean there's actually a purpose in having different states???
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    That's tough. Magazine capacity has to be less than 10rnds?

Something in at least .50 cal. Whether it's S&W 500, .50AE, or .50BMG. Make it a .50!
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links