Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms? - Page 2

Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms?

This is a discussion on Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chevy-SS Well, actually it was a very nice old Remington, a wonderful gun. But the sad fact is that when I was ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Well, actually it was a very nice old Remington, a wonderful gun. But the sad fact is that when I was much younger (almost 50 years ago now), I needlessly shot small animals with that gun. So, the destruction of the gun is part of my self-imposed penance for those egregious offenses.

-
    We all have our ways of healing... I can remember when I was a completely different person in my younger wilder days.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Well, actually it was a very nice old Remington, a wonderful gun. But the sad fact is that when I was much younger (almost 50 years ago now), I needlessly shot small animals with that gun. So, the destruction of the gun is part of my self-imposed penance for those egregious offenses.

-
    Makes sense to me. I have done similar things with stuff of mine. Just not with a gun.

I have a few photographs I am waiting to burn in the next fire I have. Found some of my younger wild days. Put it behind me and the photos must go. It can be a little therapeutic.

-
    Yep, me too. I wouldn't say needless though as I did eat the rabbit and squirrel I shot. Still have that Nylon 66, and no plans to ever part with it despite it being worth the $400 range these days. It's the best 22 ever, or at least for me.
    AZJD1968 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Why would I destroy a gun???
    Sell, trade, swap, give to a kid, (ie:grandchild, nephew, niece) Someone in this world would have found great pleasure with that "fine old Remington"
    The gun didn't do anything YOU did not make it do.

My Grandfather used to beat his Model T with a stick when it wouldn't start...(so I've been told)

Thats the closest thing I've heard of to what you did. Did it help?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hell No!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

-
    I fail to understand the logic here......

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    You sir have the makings of a school shooter. I bet you put cats in microwaves too.

Hey its your gun do what you want with it. Not what I would do personally but its not my rifle.

I once cut a .22 sterling pistol in half. I worked undercover. A buy turned out to be a rip. .22 sterling went click when I needed it to go BANG!

It had to die.

Sounds like an Anti-Gun guy that's just goading ya'all into some strange replies. Personally think anyone that would destroy a gun is probably on the "wrong" website unless it was totally unusable for repair or parts. Maybe he's an imposter!!!
    joleary223 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    Sounds like an Anti-Gun guy that's just goading ya'all into some strange replies. Personally think anyone that would destroy a gun is probably on the "wrong" website unless it was totally unusable for repair or parts. Maybe he's an imposter!!!
    I enjoyed you post even more when I said it aloud like yosemite sam. No offense intended, it just sounds like something he would say.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I'd never do that. I'm sure glad my Uncle never destroyed his Seneca Green Nylon 66 before he passed away, now it sits in my safe.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Did it make YOU feel better? If so that's all that matters.

VIP Member
    I did once MANY years ago with a Llama .32ACP of questionable history. First firing of it, it double fired then jammed. I hammered the barrel and crushed the frame in a vise and disposed of it in a deep gravel pit pond.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

UH...that would be no way!! If I did have an old gun that was worthless I think I would practice engraving on it or something but to toss or destroy a gun. Hmmm.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I trashed a Lorcin .380. It was junk with a pot metal frame and wouldn't fire, not sure why. Only reason I had it was a friend gave it to me. It didn't need to live anymore, and I didn't want to be responsible for it. It wasn't economically feasible or worth the time to try and fix a $50 gun.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links