Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms? - Page 4

Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms?

This is a discussion on Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chevy-SS Well, actually it was a very nice old Remington, a wonderful gun. But the sad fact is that when I was ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Have you deliberately destroyed any of your firearms?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Well, actually it was a very nice old Remington, a wonderful gun. But the sad fact is that when I was much younger (almost 50 years ago now), I needlessly shot small animals with that gun. So, the destruction of the gun is part of my self-imposed penance for those egregious offenses.

-
    I still have what is probably a very similar old Remington .22lr; which at some point 50+ years back was similarly used.
    My conscience bothers me, and I will never ever hunt unless the need arises to eat. That said,
    I would not destroy that rifle. Another 50 years and it will be a collector's piece. Someone not yet born, perhaps with
    my family name, will have something to talk about or make a little money from.

Hope that your "penance" made you feel better.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    I'm certainly not in favor of destroying firearms. That being said, it looks like you destroying the gun was "symbolic" and a means to purge your regrets. You know, if destroying the gun was therapeutic for you, and makes you feel better, then the gun's demise actually served a useful purpose.

Sure there may have been other things you could have done rather than destroying the gun, but that was the "symbol" that affected you most, and the one you chose. I truly hope you feel better. I think most people live with some regrets and we deal with them the best way we can.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    Kind of a long story but I'll make it short here. Long, long ago, in a land far, far away, it was a dark and stormy night...... Someone gave me an old, no name 22 pistol. It had a square barrel with four internal chambers and a revolving firing pin. It was a very unique belly gun to say the least. I cleaned it, checked it out, and fired it a couple of times, no problem.

On the above mentioned dark and stormy night, I heard the dawg raising hell on the back patio. As I opened the back door, lo and behold, i hit a very, very large & scared raccon in the after regions with the door. Before I realized what happened, he spun around and ran between my legs into the house!

Picture this.......... we had a couple of recent reports of rabid animals in the area. It's 11:30 at night, wife and 3 kids asleep. My oldest son was watching TV when this happened. The critter runs under the desk as yell at Ben to come help me. So here comes this 18 y/o red headed muscle bound high school wrestler carrying a mop and one of my daughters rain boots. Not exactly primo home defense equipment............

Fast forward, I had some stuff piled up near the door to move into my barn. We chase the critter towards the now open door. Instead of running out, he crawls under this pile of boxes. At the time, the only firearms I had quick access to were a 12ga High Standard riot gun, and this old 22 pistol. Being the considerate guy I am () I grab the 22. I'm leaning across the TV with a broom trying to move the boxes and get him to run out the door. Suddenly he jumps up on top of the boxes and starts coming after me & Ben!! OH S#%T!!!

I'm about 4 feet away. I raise the 22 and fire all four shots as fast as I can pull the trigger.......... missed the dam thing completely!!! After the 4th and final shot, that pistol fell apart in my hand into 7 pieces!!!! I swear the coon looked at me, cocked his head like what in the hell was that? Turned and walked out the back door.

since I live in the city limits, I called the local PD only 2 blocks away, to tell them about the gunshots. After the dispatcher finished laughing, she said someone would come over to see me. A couple minutes later, cops pulls in the driveway and it's a guy I've known all my life. He actually helped me learn how to drive many moons ago.

Once I laid the 7 seperate pieces of the gun in his hood, it took me 2 hours to get him to stop laughing and get out of my driveway. Now in addition to the 4 holes in the back wall to remind me of that night, for the next 2 years at Christmas, I awoke Christmas morning to find a stuffed raccoon sitting on my front porch courtesy of the local PD.

Now who says cops don't have a sense of humor......???????
    THANK YOU. You just made my evening.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Back in my younger days, a guy I worked with shows up at the house with his nose all taped up. Then he shows me a crudely pistol gripped, eight inch barreled, single shot 10 gauge. Upon questioning, which required yelling on my part, I find out he'd actually fired the damn thing while sitting in his pickup. Seems his old lady was cheating on him, so to teach her a lesson, he blew out the picture window on the front of his house. Yes alcohol was involved. After checking to make sure he hadn't killed anybody, sobriety kicked in and he realized that he had better get rid of the gun. We go out to my shop, and I make him spend the next twenty minutes with a chop saw. He must have cut that thing into about twenty pieces. Then he drove all over town dropping the pieces in sewers.

Quote Originally Posted by MNewkirk View Post
    I had to get rid of my illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator.
    You make me angry...very angry indeed.

I'm going to go blow up the Earth. It blocks my view of Venus.
    (I love Marvin the Martian! )
    MNewkirk likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links