M&P9c Front Sight Drift

M&P9c Front Sight Drift

This is a discussion on M&P9c Front Sight Drift within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wednesday I noticed my front sight had drifted to the left about 1/16", a considerable distance. So, using a brass punch to avoid marring the ...

Thread: M&P9c Front Sight Drift

M&P9c Front Sight Drift

Wednesday I noticed my front sight had drifted to the left about 1/16", a considerable distance. So, using a brass punch to avoid marring the finish, I tapped it back into alignment with the muzzle. I went to the range early this morning and put sixty rounds through it and guess what? While cleaning it minutes ago I noticed the sight had drifted back over to where I'd found it Wednesday.

I've had the gun less than a month so I'm not well pleased with my choice at this point. However, I will give S&W a chance to correct the problem. I will be calling them first thing Monday morning and getting it sent it for repair. I'll report back as things develop.
    Attached Images
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

I just saw a u tube video of someone having the same issue but don't remember if it was the 9c or 40c but that doesn't matter. I just picked up a 40c not too long ago and have 750 rds into it. So far so good but I'm hoping this issue is contained to you guys 2 guns and doesnt turn into a bigger issue. Sorry for the problem you're having, and I'm sure Smith will resolve it quickly.

I think I just saw the same video. I've read very positive reports about S&W's customer service so I don't foresee any problems getting it resolved. I just hope when I get it back in about three weeks it is fixed and I don't have to call them again about the same issue.
    NRA MEMBER

I'm currently 20th in line on hold. I wonder if simply filling out the warranty repair form on their website would produce the same results as waiting on hold?
    NRA MEMBER

Finally got off the phone with them. Waiting on my email with the shipping label now.
    NRA MEMBER

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I had the same thing happen with a new MP 9. First time out shooting, the front sight drifted to the far left. Tapped it back center and the next time out it did the same thing. Took it to my gunsmith and had trijicon night sights installed and no further problems. Like the new sights a lot better.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I don't have to call them again about the same issue.

I had an after market front sight become very loose. (I could remove it with my fingers)
    I used green Loctite to hold it in place.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    sorry to here about your issue I don't have a M&P but it's on my short list based on reviews here
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

After two phone calls to S&W I finally received my shipping label tonight. Got the gun packaged up and ready to go. IT will ship tomorrow. So far I'm unimpressed with their CS.
    NRA MEMBER

UPDATE

FedEx delivered my M&P9c back to me today. After opening the package I discovered they replaced the front site with the exact same sight. (No night sites or any extra perks like I'd read about for me.) Anyway, it is aligned dead center so I'll get it out to the range Saturday and see if it drifts over again.
    NRA MEMBER

Distinguished Member
    red lock tite is your friend guys..common now ,pop the sight out,put a drop of
    red on there,re install and let sit overnight......

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    red lock tite is your friend guys..common now ,pop the sight out,put a drop of
    red on there,re install and let sit overnight......
    I'd agree with you, however, it is my belief that a new product should work properly. I bought it new in the middle of February.
    NRA MEMBER

Sponsored Links