Armslist robbery

Armslist robbery

This is a discussion on Armslist robbery within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw last night a guy posted on the Indiana section of Armslist where the 'buyer' showed up with a friend and took his gun, ...

Thread: Armslist robbery

Ex Member

Armslist robbery

I saw last night a guy posted on the Indiana section of Armslist where the 'buyer' showed up with a friend and took his gun, and wallet. I have bought/sold a few things without problems but you must ALWAYS be aware of problems that CAN pop up.

Freakin dirtbags! What happened to honesty and working for what you want and need? Disgusting.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Wow, that sucks. I just posted a thread about a positive experience I just had with my first sale thru armslist. I was very cautious though but the guy was great..we'd agreed on a price if the gun were as clean as I said.... His words when hold it for the first time were "Wow, this is even newer than I expected". He'd brought a buddy and I had my wife and dog. Haha....he forked over the money and left with his new handgun and a grin on his face. I had a wad of cash and a smile on my face as well.

Buyer/Seller beware for sure.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Nice to have a link to the thread
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Meet in a very public place and it makes it somewhat more difficult for someone to jack you.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I buy and sell guns frequently meeting folks in person. You use your "common sense" and SA to judge how comfortable you are with someone you have never met. I would not get out of my truck if the buyer shows up with a crowd of friends. I usually have talked with each party by phone. I also am always armed at any meet. I meet in public places, not my home unless it is for long time friends. I find new stuff and post guns on some gun forums where the members almost become friends and this makes a difference. I have also done some long distance deals by phone and USPS and have yet to have a bad experience. I am glad Craigs list does not do guns as I am really not comfortable with some of the folks who frequent that site and given that I have sold some tools and equipment handily there.

I know that anything can happen, but I have to admit I am a bit surprised at this news. Usually BG's want to find an unarmed victim and one would assume that anyone selling a gun is carrying another.

I never do gun sales by myself.. and If I do, I'm usually armed. Totally blows though.

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

Sponsored Links