Man cleaning gun NDs through hand, kills wife

This is a discussion on Man cleaning gun NDs through hand, kills wife within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does seem to be fishy. However a very painful way to dispose of your spouse if you ask me. However, people who are not very ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Man cleaning gun NDs through hand, kills wife

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array JoJoGunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,817
    Does seem to be fishy. However a very painful way to dispose of your spouse if you ask me.

    However, people who are not very familiar with a semi auto will rack the slide while holding the weapon by the grip. Unfortunately some of them even put their finger on the trigger and we all know what happens when that happens.

    Let's see what the investigation turns up.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

    The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array Moops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Does seem to be fishy. However a very painful way to dispose of your spouse if you ask me.

    However, people who are not very familiar with a semi auto will rack the slide while holding the weapon by the grip. Unfortunately some of them even put their finger on the trigger and we all know what happens when that happens.

    Let's see what the investigation turns up.
    Kind of hard to shoot your hand doing it this way...
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array Badey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Incidents like this are why I feel signs should have force of law. People might not want guns in there shop and this is why. It might harm someone else and they should be allowed to do what they feel in order to proven tragedy like this.
    I'm not sure I follow your logic... how would a sign have prevented this, and how often are people cleaning their guns in public places?
    kaboomkaboom and oneshot like this.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855
    How many would be willing to take a flesh wound, heck I am willing to bet some at willing to lose a pinkle instead of both legs in a divorse.

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array gunthorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    home office
    Posts
    2,355
    Coincidence? Tragic, hands...I mean hand...down.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

  7. #21
    New Member Array WilmD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, nc
    Posts
    1

    WilmD

    This is still an open issue - the police dept. (as of today) have not closed it. The girl asked the man to show her the gun, she then aimed it, the gun ricocheted (sp?) hitting her in the stomach and the man (who was standing in back of her got shot in the hand). My question is why would a "responsible" adult (I'm assuming he'd be a responsible adult) hand over a loaded Glock to a 20 year old thin girl who maybe stands 5" and tell her to take aim and shoot? By the time the paramedics arrived and take her to the nearest hospital, with her mother either riding
    with them or by someone standing by, the mother is then told her daughter had passed.

    I think the man is guilty of manslaughter, solely because I don't believe he tried to kill the young girl on purpose and it was an accident - but the man didn't think it through. May the police dept. resolve the problem ASAP.

  8. #22
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,162
    When Mrs. H was quite young, her dad almost killed her mom while cleaning a revolver.
    The shot just whizzed right past her, fortunately.

    As a consequence, Mrs H makes a point of staying as far away as she can when I am cleaning or otherwise
    tending to the weapons. And I try to do it all outside, where a ND will either go into the dirt or lodge in a tree or
    at least lose energy going through brush and fencing.

    Deep sorrow for the fellow involved here. Much as none of us think it can happen to us because we are
    always careful, it can.
    Bark'n likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by WilmD View Post
    This is still an open issue - the police dept. (as of today) have not closed it. The girl asked the man to show her the gun, she then aimed it, the gun ricocheted (sp?) hitting her in the stomach and the man (who was standing in back of her got shot in the hand). My question is why would a "responsible" adult (I'm assuming he'd be a responsible adult) hand over a loaded Glock to a 20 year old thin girl who maybe stands 5" and tell her to take aim and shoot? By the time the paramedics arrived and take her to the nearest hospital, with her mother either riding
    with them or by someone standing by, the mother is then told her daughter had passed.

    I think the man is guilty of manslaughter, solely because I don't believe he tried to kill the young girl on purpose and it was an accident - but the man didn't think it through. May the police dept. resolve the problem ASAP.
    This is your first post, welcome to the forum. Your story is very different from the other posts, please link your source.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array JoJoGunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Kind of hard to shoot your hand doing it this way...
    Yes it sure is. As Mythbusters would say "plausable."

    I have witnessed people attempting to rack the slide by pushing it at the muzzle with one hand and with their other hand on the grip, finger adjacent to or even on the trigger. One can only imagine not being able to rack the slide and discharge the pistol while attempting to rack it.

    I avoid these potential Darwin award winners like the plague.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; March 13th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

    The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

  11. #25
    Member Array jerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This is your first post, welcome to the forum. Your story is very different from the other posts, please link your source.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

    I agree, not that i dont believe you, because the media does stretch things and lean stories how they want. Your post WilmD, was definitely "outside" the box. I would like to know your sorce. Unless you are the sorce, a Wilimington LEO/first reaponder?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

  12. #26
    Member Array thehustleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    113
    This is more likely someone that racked the slide THEN dropped the magazine, told her "its unloaded, I'll prove it!" And then aimed it at his hand (which was right in front of her) and pulled

    *swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

  13. #27
    Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midwest Area to be Precise.
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I'm not sure I follow your logic... how would a sign have prevented this, and how often are people cleaning their guns in public places?
    IT would not have prevented this but people do have accidents when handling there gun. If the gun was properly handled it would not have happened. Gun owners often handle their guns when in the rest room or in the changing rooms. Here is a perfect example:

    Pastor's daughter dies after accidental shooting in church | TBO.com

    It only reinforces the idea that if a gunowner cannot be safe in their home, what makes me think they will be safe in public? As a business owner I wouldn't want these unsafe people coming into my store armed. This article just reinforces my idea that the general gun owning public cannot be trusted to safely do things.

  14. #28
    New Member Array tarheel5022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    wilmington nc
    Posts
    3

    Wow stories get twisted (real story here)

    yes the girl was 20 yrs old no she was not 5 foot tall more like 5 foot 6 and this was a complete and udder accident at a family gathering at their relatives home. The girls STEP FATHER(the owner of the gun) is a great man and unconditionally loves everyone in his family and was courteous enough to take a complete stranger who he had never met before and openly welcome me into his family.This is a very tragic time for all involved and please realize what you say is seen by everyone (yes that means the Sam's family!) our ENTIRE family is devastated and trying to cope with this situation so please if you do not have all the facts please do not spread rumors. He was unloading the gun pointing away from everyone when the gun went off kicked up and went through his left hand and into her abdomen, mouth to mouth was given until the ambulance got there as she was rushed to the hospital but pronounced deceased about 20 mins after arrival. She leaves behind a fourth month old baby, a fiance and a Huge family who loved her dearly and yes this most definitely includes her step father who has all been there for her (and any one else in need) and treated Sam as his own flesh and blood!!!!! please keep this family in your prayers in this worst of times, and I know its difficult in this day in age but please try to consider what other people are going through before you make accusations as I am most certain you would most definitely like the same respect.
    kaboomkaboom likes this.

  15. #29
    New Member Array tarheel5022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    wilmington nc
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    +1

    I agree, not that i dont believe you, because the media does stretch things and lean stories how they want. Your post WilmD, was definitely "outside" the box. I would like to know your sorce. Unless you are the sorce, a Wilimington LEO/first reaponder?
    jerp if you want to know the real story read my post!

  16. #30
    VIP Member Array Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    2,782
    Welcome to the forum Tarheel5022, these are your first 2 posts. You must understand we sometimes get fabricated posts on this forum and visits by trolls, so bear with any skepticism.

    Sorry to hear of the incident, and we on this forum never intend to directly bash people for making serious gun handling mistakes, the assessments are made from the available information, which is almost always the news. But the scenario you describe is not physically possible. If the gun was pointed away from everyone it would not have struck anyone, and guns don't just go off. The 4 rules of gun safety (if followed) would have prevented this incident.

    I suggest that if you have first hand information about the incident this is not the place to post it at least until after any criminal or civil actions are over with.
    TheShadow and accessbob like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

george wood kills
,
george wood shooting
,
george woods, hope mills, nc. accidental shooting
,
samantha renolds brunswick county nc
,

samantha reynolds death

,
samantha reynolds fayetteville
,
samantha reynolds nc
,
samantha reynolds shooting
,
samantha reynolds shot
,
samantha reynolds wilmington nc
,
samantha reynolds winnabow nc
,
samantha reynolds- nc
Click on a term to search for related topics.