Man cleaning gun NDs through hand, kills wife

This is a discussion on Man cleaning gun NDs through hand, kills wife within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Negligent, careless, accidental, senseless, and downright strange things happen, even to good people. Whatever my opinion, I'm not smart enough to know what's best for ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Man cleaning gun NDs through hand, kills wife

VIP Member
    Negligent, careless, accidental, senseless, and downright strange things happen, even to good people. Whatever my opinion, I'm not smart enough to know what's best for someone else. Knowing and practicing the safety rules require education and diligence.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel5022 View Post
    you are correct guns dont just go off, just like nothing thats not supposed to happen never occures.............(murphy's law maybe?) while he was trying to clear the weapon it jammed and went off WHILE THE GUN WAS POINTING AWAY FROM EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who feels the need to dispute my eyewitness account feel free but you are doing nothing but wasting your time! I guess everyone else one this forum leads perfect lives where random things that are never supposed to happen never do...oh yeah the Titanic never sank its still afloat in charleston harbor
    Okay, so with this evidence it appears that part of the other post was perhaps correct, that it involved a ricochet.

That is unfortunate, always point the gun in a safe direction, but when trying to clear a jam with a live round it is very important that the gun be pointed in a safe direction, including no hard objects that can cause a ricochet.

Can you tell us the make, model and caliber of the weapon? Anything unique about the ammo?

Did you join the forum just to discuss this incident, or are you interested in guns/concealed carry?
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Incidents like this are why I feel signs should have force of law. People might not want guns in there shop and this is why. It might harm someone else and they should be allowed to do what they feel in order to proven tragedy like this.

^^^^This seems like a foolish notion^^^^^^^^^

In that , you are assuming that everyone who enters a place of business, will unholster their weapon, and begin clowning with it.
    How many HOLSTERED firearms have you ever heard of that went bang, all by their lonesome??????
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    It only reinforces the idea that if a gunowner cannot be safe in their home, what makes me think they will be safe in public? As a business owner I wouldn't want these unsafe people coming into my store armed. This article just reinforces my idea that the general gun owning public cannot be trusted to safely do things.

^^^^^So my understanding^^^^^^^^^^^^

of this post , is that you would advocate anyone involved in a traffic crash, be banned from driving in public??????
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

This article just reinforces my idea that the general gun owning public cannot be trusted to safely do things.
    The actions of the few should NOT dictate the rights of the rest. If your argument held water, then Ted Kennedy behind the wheel of an oldsmobile would have all of us walking nowadays.
    Badey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Okay, so with this evidence it appears that part of the other post was perhaps correct, that it involved a ricochet.

That is unfortunate, always point the gun in a safe direction, but when trying to clear a jam with a live round it is very important that the gun be pointed in a safe direction, including no hard objects that can cause a ricochet.

Can you tell us the make, model and caliber of the weapon? Anything unique about the ammo?

Did you join the forum just to discuss this incident, or are you interested in guns/concealed carry?

different poster here, but gun was a 40 cal, not sure if hollow pt was used. did hear no hammer on it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links