CBS Sunday Morning 3/18 on Glock

This is a discussion on CBS Sunday Morning 3/18 on Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "CBS Sunday Morning" 3/18 on Glock -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This Sunday, the newsmagazine "CBS Sunday Morning" ( CBS Sunday Morning - Videos, Interviews, Arts, Commentary - CBS ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sunday Morning 3/18 on Glock

"CBS Sunday Morning" 3/18 on Glock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This Sunday, the newsmagazine "CBS Sunday Morning" (CBS Sunday Morning - Videos, Interviews, Arts, Commentary - CBS News) will air an extended segment on Glock -- the pistol, the company, and the man behind them -- based in part on my new book, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun (Glock | The Rise of America's Gun | By Paul M. Barrett). Anthony Mason, CBS's Senior Correspondent for Business and Economics, reported the piece. He attended SHOT Show, did some shooting with a Glock, and interviewed me. How do you think the network will handle the issue?

We shall see Sunday morning!

All best,
    Paul Barrett

Amazon.com: Glock: The Rise of America's Gun (9780307719935): Paul M. Barrett: Books

VIP Member
    I look forward to it. It won't interfere with the "View" will it?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    I hope they look at it like a successful business/product and not make it political.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBarrett View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This Sunday, the newsmagazine "CBS Sunday Morning" (CBS Sunday Morning - Videos, Interviews, Arts, Commentary - CBS News) will air an extended segment on Glock -- the pistol, the company, and the man behind them -- based in part on my new book, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun (Glock | The Rise of America's Gun | By Paul M. Barrett). Anthony Mason, CBS's Senior Correspondent for Business and Economics, reported the piece. He attended SHOT Show, did some shooting with a Glock, and interviewed me. How do you think the network will handle the issue?

All best,
    Paul Barrett

Amazon.com: Glock: The Rise of America's Gun (9780307719935): Paul M. Barrett: Books
    Paul,

I read your book and to my surprise I did enjoy it as I heard you were not a gun guy which left me a bit suspicious at first. Thank you...
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing. I want to read the book but I have so many ahead of it.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    In an unbiased manner the same way they handle everything

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    "Glock: The Rise of America's Gun"

NPR ran a interview (which I posted elsewhere) with the author. If the book is a good as the interview, it should be an excellent read.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    The DVR is set! Thanks for the info.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Sorry to report that CBS is holding its Sunday Morning feature on Glock and my book.
    Postponed for breaking news.

I'll let you know when it's rescheduled.

Apologies. Thank you for your interest in GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun.

Paul Barrett
    Glock | The Rise of America's Gun | By Paul M. Barrett

Bummer...was looking forward to it. Enjoyed the book.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    I usually do not watch either of the big 3 networks but I did this morning only to see stories on everything from video games as an art exhibit to depression to the "murder" by an Army SSG of afghan civilians but nothing on Glock. Back to Fox for me.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

CBS Sunday Morning news "GLOCK story" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    I usually do not watch either of the big 3 networks but I did this morning only to see stories on everything from video games as an art exhibit to depression to the "murder" by an Army SSG of afghan civilians but nothing on Glock. Back to Fox for me.

Agreed. What happened to the glock story? I have looked forward to this since last week when CBS said "NEXT WEEK ON CBS SUNDAY MORNING..." I am so sick of them trying to grab attention with Guns only to have such a liberal view on them and another attack story on guns? Today shoe "Rossen Reports" CBS, and the rest of the networks. I am still looking for this story...Where can I watch it. I will look on this page or I guess something made it go away?

What breaking news postponed the story I waited a week to watch? So disappointing...
    Agreed. What happened to the glock story? I have looked forward to this since last week when CBS said "NEXT WEEK ON CBS SUNDAY MORNING..." I am so sick of them trying to grab attention with Guns only to have such a liberal view on them and another attack story on guns? Today shoe "Rossen Reports" CBS, and the rest of the networks. I am still looking for this story...Where can I watch it. I will look on this page or I guess something made it go away?

Thumbs up Great Book

I am also looking forward to the TV segment and hope I don't miss it! I read the book and found it very interesting. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBarrett View Post

All best,
    Paul Barrett

I finished reading your book a few days ago. I liked it. Also, my cousin appears in it! (Brian Grow). I'll see him next weekend at a wedding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links