Little girl ???.....

Little girl ???.....

This is a discussion on Little girl ???..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Normally I would not post something like this but it seems to me that it needs addressing. I decided to take my new little doggy, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Little girl ???.....

Little girl ???.....

Normally I would not post something like this but it seems to me that it needs addressing.

I decided to take my new little doggy, a Bichon named Prince, down to the local "SEE, AIR and LAND" shop. The owner has two dogs inside that reside there during business hours. He has an FFL and a great shop full of good gear and the usual "surplus" type items. I"ve done some FFL business with him and I tend to give him some dollars towards gear and such too contribute to the local FFL's.

I've got a hot coffee in hand, a cigarette and a leash with the doggy sniffing around outside of the shop. Suddenly there's a young girl, probably 10 years old at the most, petting my Bichon and talking up a storm to me about how she loves animals and such.

There is no one beside me and this doggy and this little girl in the parking lot of the "SEA, AIR and LAND" shop. You gotta be kidding me !!! I've got a Glock 21SF strappinig in the Blade-Tech paddle holster, openly and here's a little girl with no parent/s around in the back of the shop with only me and the damn Bichon dog.

I kept my distance from her by letting the leash out too it's fullest length, which is 16ft and tried to ignore her. Where are her parents ?? I assume inside the shop buying some dumb garbage.

I'm looking at the building to see if there are camera's to prove I"m keeping my distance and that there is absolutely no contact, physically, with the little girl.

I then urged the doggy to go up front of the store and walk in and do some snooping on the new gear and such.

*** ???? If I had been a pediphile, she would have been easy pickings. Good thing I'm disgusted with little girl predators and perverts.

What are her parents thinking ? And, I'm strapping on a Glock 21.

Keep your children in eyesight at all times my brothers. What if I had been a sicko ??

Hope this all made sense.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

I was in the mall over Christmas and a little boy, maybe 5, comes running out of a store alone. A group of about 6 of us exchanged glances trying to figure out who he belonged too. I managed to step in front of him, knelt down and asked him a few questions. It gave his mom enough time to realize he was gone and come looking for him. The whole thing was a minute or so from start to finish. But no way I was letting the kid run off into the mall, which is what it looked like he was doing. Keep those kiddos close.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Yep.... I 'had' a very stupid wife who would not keep my dau close, nor keep track of her in a store. We had many "discussions" about this, with her always telling me how paranoid and stupid I was being.

Then one day, I left the two of them to go grab something in a large store... stessing ,"keep her close to you" .

Long story short..... she didn't, and when I returned could not find my daughter anywhere. So, I began yelling out her name. Then I heard "in the distance" ......... "DADDY ... HELP ME " . I rush in that direction.... and some guy is dragging her across the floor towards the front door, as she is yelling for help at the top of her lungs, and no one... and I mean no one is even paying attention to it. When I yelled her name and began running in their direction.... this guy let her loose and bolted for the door. I yelled at people , about 40 of them standing by the door area ... "grab that man " (several times), and no one.... did a thing. He got out the door and was gone in a flash.

Keep your kids CLOSE....... having worked in the system, I can also tell you about the freaks, psycho's, etc. that are out there. Keep your kids CLOSE.

Had an incident once with a woman grabbing my granddaughter and trying to shove her in a van too, and I was not far away, near some ball fields ... tournament going on.... I was there with hand on gun in a flash. I was paying attention and a close eye on her, or she might have been gone.

And, I live in a very low crime, low incident area.
    Erick46590 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Skygod,

I fully understand what your getting at. First, as you said, you 'could of' been a BG - parents need to watch their children. The second thing is, knowing there are BG's out there, I don't feel comfortable around unknown children - I wouldn't want to be falsely accused of anything. I really wish people would keep their kids on a leash...

About 2 years ago, I was driving threw an apt complex. I saw a little boy (2 1/2 -3 yrs ) standing in the middle of the street directly in my path. No parents in sight... Needless to say, I felt damn awkward approaching this child and walking him out of the street. To make matters better/worse, the 6-7 yrld kids playing outside guided my to the baby's front door (they knew who the kid was); so much for "don't talk to strangers".... When I got the kid home, his fat looser dad was laying on the couch watching TV with the front door open 'thinking' the kids were right outside and he could 'watch' them... After explaining where I found his boy, he took no responsibility; he called in his 6 yrld daughter - it was HER fault for not keeping a close eye on the little boy...

What if someone thought I was a kidnapper? What to do? I couldn't leave a child that young in the road... Idiot parents....
    Erick46590 and Skygod like this.

Well, it's going to be an uphill battle. I just read this today.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-evening-news/

VIP Member
    I watch my kid like a hawk in public.

For non-believers this will seem silly, but I will silently and discreetly stop and pray for kids that I see who are being neglected by idiot parents. I do believe that this brings intervention and protection.
    DC, Skygod, Elk Hunter and 4 others like this.

I see it as my job as a parent to keep my kid safe... Some parents don't.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

The wife and I were chastised more than once keeping our 3 year old on a harness leash... Its the stories in this post that make all the abuse we took from others all worthwhile. As he aged and understood the value of staying close, he was freed from the harness.

It is sad that we actually have been conditioned to act as the OP did in his situation. Not every man (or woman) is a pedi but we are conditioned to act as though someone may think we are...
    Skygod and varob like this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I can understand where your coming from Skygod. But, I think you're being a little paranoid. As a dad myself, my first concern in incidents like this is to find another responsible adult and/or the kids parents. (These events happen a whole lot more than you would think.)

I also relate to TS post. My kids are 10 & 12 and we live in a rural neighborhood. It amazes me how many parents allow their children to just roam around. I've seen toddlers to pre-teen kids roaming all over the place without a parent in sight. What I've come to realize in my neighborhood is most of these kids are products of drug/alcohol addicted parents who just don't give a $h!+.

Any day of the week we're liable to have a couple of extra kids for supper because their parents buy cigarettes, drugs & beer instead of food. My kids have reached out to several of these children and we take them to church & give them a place to wait out the bad times they face at home; even if it's just a little while.

We've also begun to befriend some of the parents to better understand their situations. We've discovered that many of these parents are known to LE, DSS & the school. Yet, somehow nothing happens to get any better for the kids.

My wife & I both have talked about how we would love to adopt a couple of these kids & get them out of the bad situations they face. But, there is no way the parents want to give them up. All these kids love their parents; and most parents really love their kids. (It's just they are in a "forced" poverty situation.) But, I know a couple of the parents don't really love their kids they just keep having more to get more of that Obama money. (No kidding!)

There are truly some very sad situations that innocent children find themselves in; through NO fault of there own. (I'm just glad there is someone aware of the possible dangers.)

-

VIP Member
    When they were little, I used to take my kids everywhere. But they always somehow found their way home.
    claude clay and WHEC724 like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Until your an LEO working the night shift you don't realize just how many sick perverts and molesters there are in your neighborhood.Skygod I can understand your concern,but I think you over reacted just a little bit,I would have opened the door to the shop and yelled hey anybody missing a kid.
    They arrested a Guy down here a couple days ago for locking his kids in the car (oldest was 5 ) while he shopped in a sporting goods store for an hour.They had at least 3 kids killed from heat stroke after being left inside vehicles last year
    Skygod and tcox4freedom like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Yep.... I 'had' a very stupid wife who would not keep my dau close, nor keep track of her in a store. We had many "discussions" about this, with her always telling me how paranoid and stupid I was being.

Then one day, I left the two of them to go grab something in a large store... stessing ,"keep her close to you" .

Long story short..... she didn't, and when I returned could not find my daughter anywhere. So, I began yelling out her name. Then I heard "in the distance" ......... "DADDY ... HELP ME " . I rush in that direction.... and some guy is dragging her across the floor towards the front door, as she is yelling for help at the top of her lungs, and no one... and I mean no one is even paying attention to it. When I yelled her name and began running in their direction.... this guy let her loose and bolted for the door. I yelled at people , about 40 of them standing by the door area ... "grab that man " (several times), and no one.... did a thing. He got out the door and was gone in a flash.

Keep your kids CLOSE....... having worked in the system, I can also tell you about the freaks, psycho's, etc. that are out there. Keep your kids CLOSE.

Had an incident once with a woman grabbing my granddaughter and trying to shove her in a van too, and I was not far away, near some ball fields ... tournament going on.... I was there with hand on gun in a flash. I was paying attention and a close eye on her, or she might have been gone.

And, I live in a very low crime, low incident area.
    Snaps! You gave me chills man.

My 2 yo daughter is never more than an arms length away. I always carry and on high alert at all times. I'm always looking around at people to what they are doing.

If she were walking, she is always wearing a backpack that a leash is strapped to.

EX:
    4461434912_a5688eed44.jpg

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

I just don't ever want to be accused of something when it comes to children. If something would have happened to the little girl there is a very good chance that the headline would have read.........................."Man with white Bichon/Poodle dog with bright red Puma shoes, Black Addidas sweat pants and multi-cam cap last seen whith little 10 year old (fill in the name) I spend alot of time in my community with other dog owners and such. I would have been an easy mark by just about anybody.

The point being, that once you've been accused your repuatation is mud, regardless of innocence. Add in the open carry of a semi-auto handgun and the community is now stepping away from you as a "law abiding" citizen. You know how it would read and look.

The only positive being that I'm not a pervert and I was armed. I had her back, no one would have touched her, except her parents.

Thanks for the responses guy's and gals.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I would have chased that guy down and beat the living tar out of him and maybe even shot him. In fact, putting myself in the same scenario, if I saw somebody dragging my daughter out of a store, I might decide to shoot first. She's small enough that there should be plenty of room for error when aiming for his body. I don't think a jury in the world would convict me for that.

Of course, it is highly unlikely for something like that to happen. I keep my 9 year old daughter within arms reach everywhere I go. I always keep my eye on her and those around us. If it is crowded, I hold her hand. I've sort of explained to her why I do that, but I haven't really explained to her the reality of what happens to most kidnapped little girls. I've just explained that there are evil people who would kidnap her and hurt or, or possibly kill her.

However, to my amazement, my neighbors let their boys run free, unsupervised, in the neighborhood. There are 3 of them ranging from about 3 years old to 9. While I admit that girls are more likely targets, boys are not exempt from predators. Not only that, but they are totally clueless about cars and they play in the road all of the time. Since my car is electric and barely makes any noise, i have to be specially careful not to run over them. I have to drive real slow and occasionally honk at them. I'm surprised they haven't been run over by some of the teenagers that drive in our neighborhood.

I don't even let my daughter go outside unless I'm with her or watching out the window. There are sex offenders all over the place, even in our neighborhood, based on some of the maps I've looked at.
    Doodle likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Yup someone with their hands on my daughter and headed towards the door would have absolutely been a shoot situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links