Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9

This is a discussion on Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just received an email that Galloway Precision's trigger kit for the LC9 is available! I ordered one right away. I got a $5 discount ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9

I just received an email that Galloway Precision's trigger kit for the LC9 is available! I ordered one right away. I got a $5 discount off of $60 for reserving in advance. They said they should ship by the 19th. I will update with a review after I receive it.

The kit is supposed to shorten the trigger travel by half. http://www.gallowayprecision.com/lc9...anceparts.html
    XDshooter likes this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Well, not only was I not able to complete the installation, but I also am unarmed now. While I was disassembling my LC9 a spring popped out and went flying somewhere. I am missing a spring and a pin. I am working with a gunsmith at my LGS to get replacements.

Since I own two pistols and one is in the shop, I left my Glock 23 at home with my girlfriend. I would rather be unarmed instead of my woman at home. I did just buy a shotgun, but I haven't been able to teach her how to shoot it yet. She is a decent shot with my Glock.

Thats about funny as hell. I say that because that is what would happen to me if I was going to install it.(I did look at ordering the trigger kit).

Quote Originally Posted by jwinston View Post
    Thats about funny as hell. I say that because that is what would happen to me if I was going to install it.(I did look at ordering the trigger kit).
    Yeah, it was embarrasing to walk into my LGS and explain what happend and ask for help.

You can order replacement parts right off rugers website.
    danfive555 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    You can order replacement parts right off rugers website.
    Part of my problem is that I don't have a suitable workplace to take it apart. I have no problem doing a fieldstrip to clean after shooting. Its a detailed disassembly that I have a hard time with. I decided to let my LGS where I bought it do the work.

Pulled the punch out from the hammer too far didn't you... The install was easy as pie for me, but I didn't like where the reset was after installing the trigger bar so i took it back out. i just have the hammer now and I like the feel of the trigger.

VIP Member
    I have decided to leave mine alone. I have been shooting it and feel comfortable with it. Once you get used to it its not so bad. just kinda long. I had the same thing happen when I took my Ruger 10/22 apart for a new trigger. Took me longer to find a spring on the floor than to put it back together. I was about ready to order another part. Funny now but It was not funny crawling around on the floor.

I could use some suggestions. I have a lc9 on hold at a local gun shop and they will allow me to exchange the lc9 for a sr9c(higher price but not an issue). I also currently have a nice kahr cw9 that I carry. My issue is, I like the trigger better on the sr9c and also on the kahr but I like the light weight of the lc9. I think the lc9 will be easier to carry. So do I get the lc9 and a trigger kit or go with a sr9c? Just get the lc9 and get use to the long trigger pull without the trigger kit? For now it will be just one or the other. Thoughts?

VIP Member
    Just get the lc9. Trigger is not that bad and you can upgrade it later
    Plus it can hide anywhere on you.
    It does shoot pretty nice for a little guy
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I left my LC9 stock and I'm fine with it. I don't want to mess with my carry trigger and I don't want to spend $60 plus installation on a $325 gun. It is what it is, not a range gun.

I can't open that link. What comes in the Galloway kit? Hammer, trigger bar, springs, etc?

Thank you for your input. I love both guns! I will just go with the lc9 and leave the trigger alone. Probably get the sr9c later. I've heard nothing but good things from their customer service so I don't expect issues but it's good to know the company stands behind their products.

I think I have buyers remorse over getting the LC9 instead of SR9C. I may sell it soon and get the SR9C or something else with a better trigger.

I was really tempted to buy a LC9 at a gun show here in Hampton the past weekend. There were several vendors selling it for $325 !!! Which I am assuming is a good price. God Bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links