Colt Detective Special .38

This is a discussion on Colt Detective Special .38 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray $550.00 would be reasonable for a Detective Special in the condition you describe. If flawless without even a turn line , ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Colt Detective Special .38

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    $550.00 would be reasonable for a Detective Special in the condition you describe. If flawless without even a turn line, perhaps the $750.00 would be appropriate.
    Thanks for the reply. I can just see the turn line and no where near through the bluing. I'm thinking of offering $600.00 and see what he says. I'll keep you posted
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

2. Remove Ads

100_5058.jpg

Well, I guess the value of anything is how much you would pay for something, and how much the seller would be willing to let it go for. I have a nice 1974 Nickle DS and I wouldn't take less than around $600.00 for it. Not saying most folks would be willing to pay that much, but that's just the way the free market system works. I would suggest they aren't making any more Colt DS's (or Cobra's), so I don't see the price declining in the future..
    No offense.

Jesse
    azchevy and got2hav1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserlips View Post
    beautiful!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserlips View Post
    100_5058.jpg

Well, I guess the value of anything is how much you would pay for something, and how much the seller would be willing to let it go for. I have a nice 1974 Nickle DS and I wouldn't take less than around $600.00 for it. Not saying most folks would be willing to pay that much, but that's just the way the free market system works. I would suggest they aren't making any more Colt DS's (or Cobra's), so I don't see the price declining in the future..
    No offense.

Jesse

^^^^^^^^As has been mentioned^^^^^^^^^^

As far as real estate, and Colt revolvers, they ain't makin' any more of it/them!!

If you can afford the price. Try to get him down a bit. let your offer stand for a week or so.
    Do a bit more research, and if you want it, if you are unable to find/buy better via locally or on GB,
    give them their price if they won't budge.

You will have a firearm you want, AND could afford, that most likely will never go down in value, as long as the condition does not change much.

Thanks to all the guys who posted pics, causing spittle to ooze down the side of my face. Thanks heaps.

They are beautiful!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links