Sig 2022

Sig 2022

This is a discussion on Sig 2022 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey everyone, im new to the site one of my buddies just told me about it. just a quick question about a handgun that i ...

Thread: Sig 2022

Sig 2022

Hey everyone, im new to the site one of my buddies just told me about it. just a quick question about a handgun that i am looking at. I found a Sig 2022 that is almost 100%. the seller is asking 475.00. does that seem like a fair price? the gun is about 5 months old and he is the original owner, also i take comfort that he wants to sell through a ffl dealer and also is going to pay for the transfer. i have fired my friends 2340 and really like it, i know they are similar but are there any major differences? any feedback would help. thanks yankeeman

Assistant Administrator
    Hi

Well despite being a SIG shooter and carrier I have no experience with 2022 but - from my ''feel'' of SIG prices that seems a well acceptable deal.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Welcome Yankeeman.

That doesn't seem too crazy, but do some on-line shopping....on Gunbroker, this guy wants $499 for his NIB .40 S&W or 9mm SP2022's WITH night sights (!): http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=55215887
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=54846889

This guy wants the same price for his NIB 357 SIG SP2022 also with night sights (!!): http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=54846889

I have an SP2340 in 357 SIG; the major difference is that the SP2022 has a universal light rail while the SP2340 has a proprietary light rail.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum. Don't know about the SIG Pro series, but if they are as good as the "P" series I don't think you can go wrong.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I have heard very good things about the Sig Pro series and the price seems to be comparable with other polymer framed guns like Glock, XD, S&W M&P, Beretta PX4, ext. Plus its still a Sig.

VIP Member
    Welcome

Senior Moderator
    I have the sigpro 2009, the predecessor to the 2022. I don't know why this gun isn't rising in popularity. It is one of the most reliable, accurate, comfortable guns I have shot and has noticeably smooth DA/SA trigger.

As I understand it, Sig made some "adjustment" type changes internally in the 2022 and of course the Picatinny rails externally.

As the proud owner of 3 Sigs, P220,Mosquitp, And p-226 If you try
    real hard you can break most ANY pistol. But ya really got to work even harder to break a Sig in my experiance.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The first Sig I owned was a 226 in .40 s&w. I loved it but was a little to heavy to wanna carry all the time. I have since owned and tried to carry 2 Glocks, a Kimber .45, Beretta 92 and 96, and most recently a Springfield Armory XD .40.

I have gone back to Sig. Yup it's the 2022. This was in no way by chance, mind you. I studied for more than a month, reading up as much as possible and handling every Sig I could palm. In the end, I had to get a 9mm for use at work (company policy). So, I got the 2022 over the 2340. However, it was going to be one of them for sure.

Mind you, the overall weight of the weapon being less than that of the 229 is the only reason I chose the Pro Series over the traditional P series.

Get the Sig Pro, you will not be disappointed.
    Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

yeah i have really been contemplating the 229 or the 2022. i really want the 229 but i dont know if i can afford to spend that much for one. from what i hear i think that ill really like the 2022. ill let you guys know if i get it this weekend what i think. thanks for the feedback everyone!

VIP Member
    ....the sig pro is really a nice gun....I carry a P229 for work and I'd be thrilled if they authorized and/or issued the sig pro for duty/off-duty use.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I too have the SIG Pro 2009, and I LOVE it. It's coming up on 3 years of service and once past break-in has been utterly flawless. It's construction to me is the most robust of the poly guns by far, particularly in the frame rail area. It's trigger is the best stock DA trigger I've ever experienced. Why it isn't more popular I dont know. It is from what I understand identical to the 2022 save the triggerguard and picatinny rail. I believe also all the 2022 models come w/ NS and that price is fair but not remarkably good. Also, is he instate? Why is he insisting on FFL xfr.....if a private party sale is legal in your state, save some money.

he is in state, i guess he just feels more comfortable selling to someone with a clean background. he is going to pay for the transfer and my background is clean as can be so if he wants to do it that way i guess its fine with me. i am going to see if he is flexible on price at all.....

Links