Insider info from ammo sales lady at gun show

This is a discussion on Insider info from ammo sales lady at gun show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This advice is worth what you paid for it, but the lady with the huge ammo sales table at the recent gun show let us ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Insider info from ammo sales lady at gun show

This advice is worth what you paid for it, but the lady with the huge ammo sales table at the recent gun show let us know that as of April first, ammo is goin UP. I'll pick up a few boxes before the semi annual weekend shootin trip we got comin up April 20th!

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Isn't that just the sales pitch, buy it now before the price goes up....
    Guest1 and dV8r like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Well in that case, I'd like to also let you know that Mac & Cheese prices will also be going through the roof in the coming months. Don't fret though, it just so happens that I am a bonafide Mac & Cheese sales man, and I think we could work something out to get you properly stocked before the hike!

Don't get me wrong, with the way things are I know things can change very fast...and I do make a point to stock up on ammo. That being said; almost anyone trying to sell something is certainly going to try to sell you on buying it!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

It was AFTER the guy i was with bought 1k rounds, and she was well aware I was not buying ammo from her. (booth across the show was cheaper!)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkupmn98 View Post
    It was AFTER the guy i was with bought 1k rounds, and she was well aware I was not buying ammo from her. (booth across the show was cheaper!)
    Must be true, then.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

April fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Must be true, then.

Everything's a deal right now...even gas because in truth it will be going up soon....Inflation with no pay raises....= hard times ahead
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I do make a point to stock up on ammo.

I know that federal bulk 22 in Walmart jumped from 15.47 to 19.99 a 550 count box
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    At a gun show two weeks ago, I heard that ammo was already going up and that was from a guy selling ammo.

Ammo, AR's, and gas may all go up.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Here in Wisconsin I'm seeing prices going up. Online I am still getting good deals.
    Old School likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    ...& she had the best deal on the greatest ammo ever!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I believe there could be truth to her statements...

I've been seeing an increasing number of news stories regarding an uptake in firearm and ammo sales. Most of these stories revolve around the potential re-election of President Obama. If everyone recalls, gun and ammo prices spiked upon his election due to demand. With that said, I'm not sure how ammo manufacturer's set their prices or when, but I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted quarterly - April 1st is the first day of the second quarter of the year...

Supply is down and demand is up; with a new quarter starting this might be a price reset point...

Just saying...

I have no idea - is lead and brass bought buy the manufacturers as "Futures" or in some similar manner???

with Obama Bim Laden in charge what hasn't gone up ? taxes, unemployment, gas, national debt, food have all gone up and the list goes on.........
    I love my Country but I fear my Government

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links